Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by berry Click here to enlarge
Hey Guys, Aaron from Berry Robotics here. Just though id pop in an help out anyway I can. @dutchy: Its no lie, the monitoring features really are nothing out of the ordinary using ELM Bluetooth technology, though its not quite the 'cheap' dongle, using a faster processor speed and much more reliable circuitry then $15 Chinese devices. A hidden feature for the Bluetooth connection is that the re-tune module will be able to accept firmware updates in the future if required.

I understand that having a project through Kickstarter allows consumers to have an in depth, manufacturing story of the product with a great perspective on design which I believe we have fulfilled quite well on the campaign page. Unfortunately due to the nature of the product, there is only so much information I can release without compromising the architecture of the circuitry and software which remains intellectual property. I completely understand there is ALWAYS going to be sceptics and some people who will flat out refuse to accept any new invention, because I'm one of them! There is a lot of profitable junk that gets released every year through fantastic marketing and manipulative selling techniques.

What I will emphasis is that I have developed an amazing product that I'm very proud to back and I will be happy to help anyone understand the best I can without compromising the integrity of its functionality.

If anyone has any direct questions for me I will be happy to assist any way I can over here. As you could imagine its an extremely busy time at Berry Robotics at the moment so please allow up to a day or 2 for a reply.

Best Regards,
Aaron
Hello Aaron and welcome to the forum. Well, never said it was a lie, just had my doubts as some others on the forum as well that have tuned their ecu before. It takes a fair while for the ecu to update the map. I myself am using a cheater device on my car giving lower readings to the ecu and ecu in place responding to that but in all honesty it doesn't do very much. The thing is that not everyone is willing, or can risk one of the most prized possessions and for not much more there are other tuning devices that have several maps, proven on a dyno, to update maps as engine upgrades take place. In any case, if you do have a unit that you want to test, I am willing to provide my car which has the latest Astra by Opel / Holden and has the 1.6 turbo engine as featured in several models. 'll arrange and pay for a dyno run with and without your device and post the results. I'm pretty sure we can arrange a group buy if results are good. Please send me a pm if interested and we'll arrange it Click here to enlarge