Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ATTENTION Astra OPC owners

Hello everybody!

Been looking at a few cars lately as im gonna be buying towards the end of this year/beginning of next year.

Need help from current/past astra opc owners with any common issues or problems that you may have had so that i can look out for them when looking at astra OPC's. I know of a couple of issues with brakes and map updates which from what im aware, brakes have been resolved thanks to eddy sending his rotors away to be manufactured by rda/dba (cant remember which) but not aware of any updates/cures for the maps.

Is there any other issues/faults/annoying stuff that you have found with your opc??? HELP!!!

T.I.A!

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    OPEL ADDICT 1994 CORSA B 1.5D (ENGLAND) 2001 CORSA C 1.2L (ENGLAND) 2004 CORSA C 1.4L (SOLD) 2004 3.2 V6 VECTRA GTS (SOLD)
    1994 CORSA B GSI C16 CONVERTED TO Z18XE (SOLD) 2001 ASTRA VAN Z16SE (CURRENT)

Click here to enlarge

I'm new here, please be nice BenZOPC's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The maps can be updated now but at a odd price of about $650. I did find the page at one point, but can't remember the link.
    The other option is to do a head unit replacement with one of Android Tablet versions that are available to suit. There are various youtube videos around with people showing it running. @eddysdaman has done it and mentions the issues he has with his units, although I recall reading during my searches that an updated model had solved some of them, sound quality being one of them, in fact one Youtube video where the owner had commented that the sound quality was better than the original built in system. Plus of course you get additional options of running Android.

Currently, I have done neither. Instead, I just listen to directions from my phone piped through the aux. Just like having a passenger give you directions, except this one is actually sending you the right way.

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Arden blue paint seems to be prone to chipping faster than the other colors. As for the satnav maps, I wouldn't worry that much. Even if they would have updated maps available at a low price (lets say 250 dollars or so), you'll still not update them frequently for that money........
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I haven't had any problems with mine but a few that I've heard of crunch into 2nd gear I've put this down to the gear linkage adjustment and oil. I change and reset the linkage once a year. The other is LSD noise once again that's caused by the oil degrading and not enough in the first place. You do get a bit of dmf rattle sometimes but it's no big deal.
    If you do get one I would change the gearbox oil straight away and get a short shifter.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dutchy Click here to enlarge
    Arden blue paint seems to be prone to chipping faster than the other colors. As for the satnav maps, I wouldn't worry that much. Even if they would have updated maps available at a low price (lets say 250 dollars or so), you'll still not update them frequently for that money........
    Haha, I think that's always been the problem with Arden Blue. Knowing @adam_92, he'd be after a red one.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chris_r Click here to enlarge
    Haha, I think that's always been the problem with Arden Blue. Knowing @adam_92, he'd be after a red one.
    You know me too well mate

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
    OPEL ADDICT 1994 CORSA B 1.5D (ENGLAND) 2001 CORSA C 1.2L (ENGLAND) 2004 CORSA C 1.4L (SOLD) 2004 3.2 V6 VECTRA GTS (SOLD)
    1994 CORSA B GSI C16 CONVERTED TO Z18XE (SOLD) 2001 ASTRA VAN Z16SE (CURRENT)

Click here to enlarge

Thread Information