Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: vote no

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Street Racing is not Drag Racing

What Don says is true- the punishment definately does not fit the crime, its as simple as that.

Sure it would act as a great deterrant, however it would be simple to go out and buy a $500 shitter from the trading post and drag up. Jail time would give people something more to think about.

Now if they were saying that people who have been convicted of drink driving should have their cars taken away, I'd be all for it.

Impounding is the best option, the current system works it just needs to be enforced and if the judiciary got on board, there wouldn't be a massive problem. Actually, there isn't a massive problem. How come we never heard of this til last night? Notice how the media are jumping on this? Do yourselves a favour, tune out of the news every once in a while.

Legislation which is reactive in nature generally is a poorly-executed response to the poorly-educated demands of the masses.
    :::
    ::
    :
    Click here to enlarge

"I'm designing an auditorium for a 12 cylinder orchestra..."
    -Luc Donckerwolke on the Murciélago

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes seems to be the big winner
    [web:1a7eadbb1c]http://smh.com.au/polls/national/voted.html[/web:1a7eadbb1c]

Anonymous
    australian media and general concensus is retarded

alcohol is one of australia's biggest problems...

people label people hoons for driving a modified car.....

yet, every time i go for a cruise on a saturday night, their is in excess of 1000 people (has to be) getting tanked, falling all over the ground, acting stupid, running in front of cars, getting alcohol poisining, ambulances every 10 or so minutes.......

baaahh, i dont understand this mentality. grille me for having a red p-plate, but ignore australias growing alcohol problem...

idiots.

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why am i not surprised that this event happenned in south strathfield with a done up datsun, turbocharged and probably did not have upgraded brakes.

honestly around my area, there are lots of p platers.. and u hardly ever see a "street race" - but when u drive to areas like lakemba, strathfield, bankstown.. i always see them.

its the crowds, and the people that gather at these areas that are the typical stereotypes that the rest of us make fun of with their fulli sik cars. but when one goes down, we all go down.

i voted no.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultim8DTM5
    Street Racing is not Drag Racing
    sorry.....

"something needs to be done about the driver of the racing car... not the car... "
    Click here to enlarge

[ OOD33 ] <3's [ 57U-OO ]

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That wasn't directed at you, it was an opening to my post :P
    :::
    ::
    :
    Click here to enlarge

"I'm designing an auditorium for a 12 cylinder orchestra..."
    -Luc Donckerwolke on the Murciélago

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once again media has put a negative image on the modified car scene.........
    seriously, the media like feeding the general public crap!!! bunch of sheep

But i am not a big fan of tightasses who modded to increase power and don't upgrade anything else..........

my rule is always mod suspensions and brakes before increasing the engine power output

There is a something i like to point out, its freaken dangerous driving a 500hp car on suburban streets........ be sensible
    THE EGG &lt;=Click Here
    &amp; NB8 circuit monster unveils October '05

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah same here gan-san mate....first thing i have done (apart from sound) is to upgrade wheels, brakes, and shocks/springs.....handling and safety b4 speed...
    17x7in Shadow Black Advanti Stalkers
    DBA Slotted Rotors
    Lucas pads
    Customised King Springs
    KYB Shocks
    Sound
    Tint
    Opelised
    Viper Custom Alarm

Crossfire

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's something from the latest issue of Speed magazine:

Source: Speed; Issue #18 (Feb); Holeshot; pp. 2

1)-Roads don't kill people: Yes, there are some shocking pieces of road, some much worse than others. But without a human-controlled vehicle travelling over them, they're a mostly harmless physical entity

2)-Cars don't kill people: There are no particular types, brands and/or models of cars that inherently kill people, even really high-powered or acutely modified ones. Humans are the biggest variable in a motor vehicle's functionality and any inability to avoid accidents. Mechanical failure may occur, but the biggest basic principle is, remove the human factor and cars become motionless and, therefore, relatively harmless lumps of matter. Cars don't drive themselves. Not yet, anyway.

3)-Speed doesn't kill people: Sheer rate of motion is not the issue. Accidents do not suddenly occur at a particular rate of velocity for all cars controlled by all drivers. Speed is incidental to other accident factors, causes and circumstances.

4)-Being young is not a death sentence: For all the statistics thrown around, the great majority of car enthusiasts live to see the age of 30. Much of the world's professional motor racing fraternity is under 30-years old. Age is not the issue.

5)-Being inexperienced is not a death sentence: Some of the poorest steerers live to a ripe old age and avoid road or off-street fatality. Indeed, some of the world's greatest driving talents have been hurt, or worse, in organised motor sport events whose safety initiatives make public road motoring seem downright suicidal. Sure, the more experience anyone gets, the better, but you're not immune from accidents the minute your car control skills reach a certain level.

6)-What causes accidents? Poor mindset: Bad attitude, recklessness, overconfidence, feeling indestructable, call it what you will. But driving with a poor mindset will hurt or kill you and/or others, regardless of other circumstances. The world's most skilled driver would cause an accident in the most underpowered and "safest" car in his driveway given the wrong frame of mind. It's that painfully simple!

-Curt Dupriez, Editor
    DBA Slotted Rotors
    Lucas pads
    Customised King Springs
    KYB Shocks
    Sound
    Tint
    Opelised
    Viper Custom Alarm

Crossfire

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i agree with most of wat's written there....
    DBA Slotted Rotors
    Lucas pads
    Customised King Springs
    KYB Shocks
    Sound
    Tint
    Opelised
    Viper Custom Alarm

Crossfire

Thread Information