Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: vote no

Anonymous
    this subject is up for much discussion so i will say this:

street racing is stupid and immature
    but we have all broken the speed limit once in our lives and i can asy with confidence that 60% have tried to drag someone at some time of thier driving lives

to look and comprimise with both sides of the argument i think the penilty we have is rediculously out of hand but i dont think we should take it out all together.
    i voted yes because i still think something needs to be done, but i do think the penelty needs to be changed to a less harsh one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my vote is NO... evryone knows i like a little run now & then...
    Click here to enlarge

Anonymous
    nice, well to everyone that said yes

you have contributed to the downfall of all modified cars

ammunition for the government....

yes to jail time, huge fines, excess in insurance.... im all for tougher monetary and criminal penalties, but not the confiscation of the car.

oh, and next time u accidentally spin your tyres at the lights in the rain, or are "suspected" of racing, I hope you get your car towed away.

Anonymous
    some quotes from fast gours forums

"The punishment needs to fit the crime, and losing $20k+ worth of personal property doesn't fit in this case.

Where's the oversight for this going to come from? To the people voting yes, are you going to be happy with a cop confiscating your car on the spot because they don't like something you've done? Remember, it's going to be your word against theirs.

Remove their right to drive, sure.. and if they're complaining that taking a licence isn't enough of a deterrent, then they should be enforcing unlicenced driving more strictly."

"I only vote for confiscation of repeat offenders.

I've seen people busted at the runs & cars confiscated - you don't see them racing after the first offence, no one wants to lose their car.

Unfortunately the wrong cop can use it against a modified car owner if he's having a bad day"

Anonymous
    oh, and about those 2 guys hitting the cops?
    i have mates who were there, there is a story behind that

but i'll leave you guys to read the daily telegraph :wink:

Anonymous
    thats what i am trying to say don, i think the punishment is way to harsh but SOMETHING does need to be done

Anonymous
    nothing needs to be done

street racing has been around for yonks, people have died in the past. my uncle lost his mate in a street race when his alfa gtv lost it, countless reports of people injured, paralysed, etc.

its a fact of life, when there are cars, people will race them.

i dont support street racing, but you cant put an end to it.

the media has something to run with, and they're loving every second of it...

Anonymous
    another quote

"You drive a modified car you are automatically labelled a HOON (NO MATTER WHAT)

The Public have a very low opinion of HOONS as seen with stupid polls such as this and media coverage.

The politicians realise this and see a good vote winner!

All of a sudden HOON LAWS become a lot TOUGHER coming up to the next election so the politicians can show JOE PUBLIC they ready to get tough on us and solve another problem. Poli's don't care, they have no moral concience they just do what gets them the most votes.

The tough new HOON laws will make it almost impossible for you to take your modified charade out of the driveway an drive without fear of being harrassed. You'll never be able to drive with %100 peace of mind thinking as long as you do the right thing you'll be OK.

It all starts and ends with public opinion and you have just contributed to ending yours and all of our enjoyment of cars."

Anonymous
    people - try and keep arguments clean

no name calling, or the such, this thread is meant to provoke discussion.

leave insults, etc to pms.

keep it real guys 8)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    something needs to be done about the driver of the drag racing car... not the car...

taking away someone's car for 48 hours isnt gonna stop them from racing ever again...

put them in jail for a while and make sure everyone in the jail thinks they are a rapist or murderer.... that'll make them think about it again..

thank god i have a girls car.. i like my cheap insurance Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

[ OOD33 ] <3's [ 57U-OO ]

Thread Information