Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: vote no

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess that brings up another point, why do we need to suck up to the Police just to avoid the threat that they can swing their power against us. Introducing tougher laws will exagerate this even more.
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow alot of debate about this and i appreciate why. i'm in two minds.. i'd like to see an end to these shonky street racers that give us all a bad name but i'd hate for the government to pass a bill that would allow some cop the ability to take my car on a whim.

However I'd also like to see the government try and do something constructive to resolve the problem. You're never gonna stop people from wanting to race... especially the younger people who we seem to be discussing more and more (that's not to say there aren't any ageing hoons out there, I know there are) but couldn't the government setup a program to allow these people the opportunity to run their cars in a safe environment.

I know of one instance (East Anglia in the UK) where local council provided council land and the proper supervision to local people because of a similar issue. It was a fenland area and hence had many windy roads and lots of new and old drivers who liked to race around them, unfortunatley it being a fenland area the majority of these roads run alongside rivers.. after a few accidents and a couple of deaths the local council got behind a program where these drivers were able to go to a block of council land and race cars on a purpose built track under the supervision of officials with St Johns ambulance on hand to deal with any probs. Not only did it help - it literally wiped out accidents realted to racing in the area.

I like the rest of you don't want to lose my car however I would like to see tougher penalties such as jail time for instances such as those reported recently.

in my opinion VOTE NO. If you say yes you're opening a door that will be very difficult to close later on.

I'm not proposing
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh yeah definately mate, i completely agree with this stupid poll (yet another one) vote 'no' for certain...and yeah if u are being harrassed just look at the badge and take his name (a mental note; not written) and then report them later....u'll probably just end up giving up tho...they put u thru so much s*** that u end up getting that frustrated that it's beyond stupid....
    17x7in Shadow Black Advanti Stalkers
    DBA Slotted Rotors
    Lucas pads
    Customised King Springs
    KYB Shocks
    Sound
    Tint
    Opelised
    Viper Custom Alarm

Crossfire

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cars dont kill people

People kill people
    THE EGG <=Click Here
    & NB8 circuit monster unveils October '05

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultim8DTM5
    With Police, I still believe you don't attract unwanted attention unless you warrant it.

I'd say 75% of defects given is out of direct result of the attitude of the driver.

Be courteous, don't be a smartarse and the majority of the time you'll be ok. It is the minority of police officers who have an axe to grind become the generalisation. Just like how the minority of **moderated** hoons in modified cars give the rest of us a bad name.

As for your mate Tai perhaps he should log a harrassment report at the local station. If it gets beyond a joke do something about it.
    reverse the situation, u would like some one treat u the same way
    THE EGG <=Click Here
    & NB8 circuit monster unveils October '05

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Thread Information