Hi all,
Just a quick introduction I'm from Geelong been enjoying a relatively standard Astra G SRI-T since 2012, I planned to keep this for quite some time but have recently upgraded to a specced up version of the same;
Astra G

Our family car is a 2013 Astra J Tourer with the 2 litre TDiesel, previous to that was a 4 door TS which my wife bought new, this is actually what got me into Opels as was impressed by the build of them and have always liked the look of the TS hatch.

Other cars over the years (a real mix) have been;

Mk3 Supra (7MGTE 5 speed)
1963 Fiat 600 (daily driver for 4 years)
EJ20 powered Subaru Brumby (bit rough but great fun)
Stock Brumby low km in immaculate condition, was a keeper (rear ended after 4 months ownership)
UCF20R Black Lexus LS400 you have to drive one once in your life, fantastic build quality (Coilovers and Supra LSD, was tempted to do a manual conversion and keep it)
Various bikes, street and dirt.

Have always enjoyed good RWD handling tuned for gentle under steer on turn in and settling into throttle controlled over steer but the temptation is always too strong to slide things around on the street.
I have found FWD to be very entertaining on the street especially with a car tuned for slight lift off over steer and then settling into a gentle neutral slide once you've loaded the tyres. I also like their layout of entire drive line from engine to drive shafts in one assembly, I guess there is the downside of weight distribution but in reality the G is not so bad.

Looking forward to spending time on here to hear your stories and tips as well as offer what I can where I can.

Cheers
Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!