Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intro - VIC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Intro - VIC

Hi all,
    Just a quick introduction I'm from Geelong been enjoying a relatively standard Astra G SRI-T since 2012, I planned to keep this for quite some time but have recently upgraded to a specced up version of the same;
    Astra G

Our family car is a 2013 Astra J Tourer with the 2 litre TDiesel, previous to that was a 4 door TS which my wife bought new, this is actually what got me into Opels as was impressed by the build of them and have always liked the look of the TS hatch.

Other cars over the years (a real mix) have been;

Mk3 Supra (7MGTE 5 speed)
    1963 Fiat 600 (daily driver for 4 years)
    EJ20 powered Subaru Brumby (bit rough but great fun)
    Stock Brumby low km in immaculate condition, was a keeper (rear ended after 4 months ownership)
    UCF20R Black Lexus LS400 you have to drive one once in your life, fantastic build quality (Coilovers and Supra LSD, was tempted to do a manual conversion and keep it)
    Various bikes, street and dirt.

Have always enjoyed good RWD handling tuned for gentle under steer on turn in and settling into throttle controlled over steer but the temptation is always too strong to slide things around on the street.
    I have found FWD to be very entertaining on the street especially with a car tuned for slight lift off over steer and then settling into a gentle neutral slide once you've loaded the tyres. I also like their layout of entire drive line from engine to drive shafts in one assembly, I guess there is the downside of weight distribution but in reality the G is not so bad.

Looking forward to spending time on here to hear your stories and tips as well as offer what I can where I can.

Cheers
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    2013 Opel Astra Tourer - 2.0 Turbo Diesel

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Welcome to oa

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    welcome along matey!

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum. A Fiat 600 Click here to enlarge always had Fiats over in Europe and bought another one a few weeks ago in Holland (new Punto with a tiny 875cc TwinAir turbo engine)
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! Enjoy the Punto im sure Fiat have come some way since the 60's not hard to top 27hp and transverse leaf spring front suspension though. I've only recently sold the 600 to a close friend who is going to work it into more of an Abarth replica. On another note I wish the new 500 was rear engine rwd like the original....

sent from my LG G4

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Bobec Click here to enlarge
    Thanks! Enjoy the Punto im sure Fiat have come some way since the 60's not hard to top 27hp and transverse leaf spring front suspension though. I've only recently sold the 600 to a close friend who is going to work it into more of an Abarth replica. On another note I wish the new 500 was rear engine rwd like the original....

sent from my LG G4
    In saying that though, the new Abarth is a hoot to drive. That little turbo motor spools up quick and handles like a go kart.

Sent from my Nintendo 64
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah ok sounds good I remember the abarth ones cost a sh!t load more for what looked like only visual mods must have been more to it than I thought... never really read into them

sent from my LG G4

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Basically it's a whole different car. The panels don't even fit between the Fiat 500 and Abarth.
    Not one Fiat badge, Abarth badges on everything. The oil comes in a metal tin like high quality Italian olive oil and you need a loan to buy it Hahahaha.

Sent from my Nintendo 64
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    That same engine in the Abarth ? The TwinAir 875cc - 2 cylinder turbo ? I must admit that it does have some torque for such a little engine from nearly every rev range in every gear. Only thing I don't like though is first and second gearshifts are very short, rev limiter kicks in early if shifting on sound alone.
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dutchy Click here to enlarge
    That same engine in the Abarth ? The TwinAir 875cc - 2 cylinder turbo ? I must admit that it does have some torque for such a little engine from nearly every rev range in every gear. Only thing I don't like though is first and second gearshifts are very short, rev limiter kicks in early if shifting on sound alone.
    Nope. The one I drove was the one with the 1.4L. Around the 120kw from memory
    2013 Ford Focus ST

Click here to enlarge

Thread Information