Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chris_r Click here to enlarge
    Didn't mention the Z20LET, as turbocharged engines in pretty much all forms of racing including IPRA have their capacity multiplied by a factor of 1.7, meaning that a 2.0 turbo engine is the equivalent of a 3.4 litre naturally aspirated engine. That would put the OP in a different category again as opposed to the 2000cc and under.
    Well that explains that Click here to enlarge

Thanks!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would try and get a 1994 c20xe with DIS from a Calibra. Not sure how much room you'd have in the Gemini for a distributor near the firewall so better to start with an engine that doesn't need one.

A 2.2 or 2.4 (c22ne/c24se/y24se) rodeo/Colorado gearbox should bolt to the c20xe, you may need to use some other flywheels depending on how the input shaft lines up with the clutch disc. The 2.2/2.4 sumps 'may' work in the Gemini they might not so expect the worst and budget for custom or even dry sump set-up. You should find that all the engine mounts are the same.

If you got a Calibra wreck I wouldn't be surprised if you could use the engine management also. But I guess in a build like this you might as well go custom their too then you just gotta decide if it is injected or carbied.

Hth

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey TUFF,

came across this thread and was intrigued. Past couple of years I've beeing running and IP Gemini with a G161 Turbo and I'm considering going to the Dark Side (U2L) with something different to the same old same old 3SFE.. welcome the C20XE.
    Have you made any progress into a new engine yet?

Budget is always an issue, so I need to make side I'm 100% before I start buying bits, anything I should be aware of?

Cheers

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even though this is an old thread i would like to keep it updated,

I've been rallying a Peugeot 206 GTI in the NSW State Khanacross series, so the Gemini has been slowly getting stripped of all its bits but has sat under cover for the last few months waiting for some love. Khanacross it great fun but having to drive some 3hrs to a track to get a total of 10 minutes racing for a day to drive 3hrs home is a complete waste of time and money and i can think of better things to be doing with the hard earned!

20170204_173934.jpg
    The 206 GTI is fast, 140hp fwd in a tiny shell weighing less than 900kg now. So why dont i race it in IPRA? My hearts not in the peugeot. Sure, its the first CAR i have thrown around a track not caring if i bust it and i've had some awesome fun in it and alot of oh shit moments, Busting it the first time i took it out.. but we wont talk about that one!

I looked hard for a Gemini locally for afew years with the sole intention of racing it. I found this one and daily drove it for a while, and also Khanacrossed it in the back end of 2015 having a heap of fun. Then came the deadline with rego coming up and i decided to get into it. I have been given a Isuzu G200 Bottom end, virgin block and will be building that motor up TO START WITH to get the car out onto the track and then start getting parts etc for the C20XE, at this stage its actually cheaper to buy a complete calibra with the red top than it is to buy a wrecker motor to rebuild.

I have to be honest, Opel Motors shit me, there i said it. I've had a rough time with a c20sel and my therapist says i'm making good progress! But this car will hopefully make me think the other way, You know.. the whole be a Lover not a Fighter...

So any tips, help, parts etc the Forum want to throw at me is appreciated. It will be a big learning curve thats for sure.. but the grin on my face at the end of it all will be worth it!

BRING IT ON!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took a photo of this one at rally australia last year, opel in a gemini.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sskustomz Click here to enlarge
    I took a photo of this one at rally australia last year, opel in a gemini.

Click here to enlarge

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't underestimate the little PUG's, have a mate here in SA campaigning a couple in regularity and IP.
    The Turbo 1600 is nice, but an U2L screaming to 10000rpm with a Type 9 dog box would be nicer (and more expensive). I see some links to kadetts in Europe putting 320+ hp, the potentially fastest IP car here in SA has 260 ish from a 3S-FE.
    That pic looks nice and clean. I do support crew for targa and classic adelaide here, but no gemini's. Any more info on that?

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The way it's going at the moment, it's looking like Peugeot and Opel/Vauxhall will be one and the same company before long.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was running in a classic event that finished at the opening ceremony for wrc in coffs harbour. We had them in the line up for the run over the podium. Was a little busy so no details sorry.

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually know of that Gemini and have been talking to the owners of it, it hauls arse.

The Pugs are great little cars, i do want to take it to some track days before i sell it or do some hillclimb events in it as its a quick little nugget.

Thread Information