OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Interstate panel shipping

Hey

So this might be a mad idea but I could use a new silver bonnet. Seems to me it just might be easier to find a used, already painted, bonnet off a used vehicle, potentially interstate if there's no local ones, then have it shipped to me. Easier/cheaper than acquiring a new panel and having it painted, that is.

Has anyone done this before?

pd
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Wait for one to come up closer to you. Or get yours repainted.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you are looking at shipping larger parts like panels from interstate, check out e-go freight (Hunter Express/Aussiefast). Best prices going around.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do a spray painting course at tafe, they will often let you do your own panel if you ask and you get the skills to do all of it.

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a guard shipped to me from interstate. Never again, was totally bent out of shape due to the shipping. A bonnet might be different.
    2006 Holden Astra AH Hatch CDX Z18XE

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the ideas everyone. Great options except I neglected to mention my current bonnet has accident damage. It's relatively minor so OK to drive around but I want to get it fixed long run.

If only I was looking at one of those clear coat flaking problems! I'm sure they're no fun but then the painting it myself would be an option.

Thanks again everyone. @chris_r I'll check out e-go. @Tommy au sorry to hear about your guard disappointment. I guess we all rely on those packaging shipments to do the right thing and make sure they're packed with plenty of protection. My Mum sells antique crockery online and posts it all over the place, sometimes internationally. If she can get that right surely those selling steel panels can!

Thread Information