I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

XC Barina SRi service namual... what to use?

Hi all,

I've just bought a 2002 Barina SRi as a daily driver, but given I'm not into shopping trolly cars, the SRi fitted the small pocket rocket criterion perfectly.
    I'll get into the introductions section asap and say hi,

For now, I'd like to know what service manual to use for the 2002 Barina SRi - is it the regular Barina manual and then something for the engine, or is there more.

Thanks kindly and looking forward to spending some time on the forum.

Cheers from Tasmania, Pete
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i actually bought one of these a week ago myself as a daily, when i was having a look at my service book it was utter crap. if you look a few pages prior to where the service history is it has a crazy check box table which even when i knew what i was doing seemed really hard to understand.

Basically it should be as follows according to "Holden" but i wouldnt follow it too closely and service every 10k instead of 15k.

15k oil + filter + check things.
    30k oil + filter + air filter check things.
    45k oil + filter + check things.
    60k oil + filter + air filter + Spark plugs check things
    75k oil + filter check things.
    90k oil + filter + air filter + timing kit +(water pump) coolant flush. check things.
    105k oil + filter + check things.
    120k oil + filter + air filter + Spark plugs check things
    135k oil + filter + check things.
    150k oil + filter + air filter + check things.
    165k oil + filter check things.
    180k oil + filter + air filter + timing kit +(water pump) + plugs coolant flush. check things.

rinse and repeat, i would do oil + filter at 10k though personally.

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply... I think I'll need to change my wording to workshop manuals lol.. Awesome reply on the service schedule, thanks for the info :-) Cheers Pete

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you want like a Haynes manual, you kind of need two manuals. One for the regular XC Barina/Corsa C and one for the TS Astra (aka G or Mk4). Reason is, the Haynes manual was pretty much written in the UK, where the 1.8 SRi wasn't that common an option and they pretty much focus just on the 1.4. TS Astra on the other hand, was more common to see the 1.8 engine.

Or there's a free option, kinda based on Opel's TIS (Tech Info System, a Windows based program for Opel service departments), here at http://workshop-manuals.com/vauxhall/
    It can be a PITA to navigate, but hey, it's free.

Also, if you ever need to look for part numbers as such (ie helps with ordering from Autovaux, something you may need to do at some point), check out this online version of the EPC (Electronic Parts Catalogue) here at http://ecat24.com/opel/catalog/models/1/
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chris_r Click here to enlarge
    If you want like a Haynes manual, you kind of need two manuals. One for the regular XC Barina/Corsa C and one for the TS Astra (aka G or Mk4). Reason is, the Haynes manual was pretty much written in the UK, where the 1.8 SRi wasn't that common an option and they pretty much focus just on the 1.4. TS Astra on the other hand, was more common to see the 1.8 engine.

Or there's a free option, kinda based on Opel's TIS (Tech Info System, a Windows based program for Opel service departments), here at http://workshop-manuals.com/vauxhall/
    It can be a PITA to navigate, but hey, it's free.

Also, if you ever need to look for part numbers as such (ie helps with ordering from Autovaux, something you may need to do at some point), check out this online version of the EPC (Electronic Parts Catalogue) here at http://ecat24.com/opel/catalog/models/1/
    Are the Gregorys and Haynes the same quality? My father purchased one but cant remember if haynes or Gregorys and the black and white pictures are terrible. I was wondering if one is better and if it's in colour?
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Raisin Click here to enlarge
    As above, I bought the Gregory's manuals for the Corsa and the Astra.

Sent from my 5042G using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shifty Click here to enlarge
    Are the Gregorys and Haynes the same quality? My father purchased one but cant remember if haynes or Gregorys and the black and white pictures are terrible. I was wondering if one is better and if it's in colour?

Sent from my 5042G using Tapatalk
    I haven't had any problems with the pictures in mine. They are black and white, but I've found they are sufficient when you are reading the instructions too. Also, I'm generally right at the car when I'm cracking it open so I can look at the real thing if I can't figure things out from the pictures.

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you don't mind waiting a few weeks you can buy one on cd from the uk on ebay.co.uk mine was like $14 with post and that's a full workshop manual for all of the corsa c models
    you even enter your vin number into the program and it sorts out all the stuff for your car

Thread Information