Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bit of a nub question.

Hi guys,

Just a quick one before I go to bed (struggling to stay awake here).

Can I purchase an EDS/IPF second hand? More specifically are they VIN locked or anything if someone has used it on their car already?

Thanks, I found one fairly cheap and while I am going for a full ECU upgrade in the coming months this might be a bit of fun to have around the place prior if I can use it..
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    2004 Arden Blue TS Astri SRi Turbo

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ConZo Click here to enlarge
    Hi guys,

Just a quick one before I go to bed (struggling to stay awake here).

Can I purchase an EDS/IPF second hand? More specifically are they VIN locked or anything if someone has used it on their car already?

Thanks, I found one fairly cheap and while I am going for a full ECU upgrade in the coming months this might be a bit of fun to have around the place prior if I can use it..
    Yes, you can use a second hand IPF unit, but you need to buy a licence from Regal or EDS. Licence is around $400-450.

If you're only gonna just mess around until you get your aftermarket ECU, I'd just flash the ECU with a Galletto 1260 cable and those maps I sent you. A lot cheaper than the IPF.

I'd only recommend the IPF if you want safe stage tunes for the longer term.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Oops, I should mention IPF licences are VIN locked, but the flashing tool isn't. It's also possible to have one tool to flash multiple cars.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chris_r Click here to enlarge
    Yes, you can use a second hand IPF unit, but you need to buy a licence from Regal or EDS. Licence is around $400-450.

If you're only gonna just mess around until you get your aftermarket ECU, I'd just flash the ECU with a Galletto 1260 cable and those maps I sent you. A lot cheaper than the IPF.

I'd only recommend the IPF if you want safe stage tunes for the longer term.
    I completely forgot you sent me that haha, I just need to get the cable and upload a stage one map or something for fun. I've only got the intake, catch can and muffler delete done so essentially just the intake..

I'm doing it haha ill be back when I have made a mess of my ECU (now where to find a Windows XP laptop..)
    2004 Arden Blue TS Astri SRi Turbo

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ConZo Click here to enlarge
    I completely forgot you sent me that haha, I just need to get the cable and upload a stage one map or something for fun. I've only got the intake, catch can and muffler delete done so essentially just the intake..

I'm doing it haha ill be back when I have made a mess of my ECU (now where to find a Windows XP laptop..)
    Just be aware, there may be issues with the cruise control, as the Galletto maps are for non-AN coded ECUs (All Australian delivered Z20LET Gs have AN serial coded ECUs I believe).

Stage 1 should be fine, stage 2 you'll need a bigger intercooler and maybe exhaust. If you go stage 2, try a low boost tune, as your clutch won't handle much more than that.

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    and also with the eds/ipf secondhand, I believe that you do not need a license if the original owner has returned their car back to standard. He can then just transfer the old vin over to the new vin (so your car) but only when he has returned his car back to the standard original map.
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Thread Information