Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is the forum closing down?

Hi Guys,

I saw a thread the other day regarding the possible closure of the forum. Just was interested to know that the go is regarding this?
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DJC317 Click here to enlarge
    Hi Guys,

I saw a thread the other day regarding the possible closure of the forum. Just was interested to know that the go is regarding this?
    Forum is up for sale. @poita is the man to speak to if you're interested or know someone who is. If he doesn't get a buyer by the 30th June, that's when the forum will close, as he has a lot of other projects on the go.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah! Thats what i remember seeing. Hopefully someone will be able to take it on. Its tempting for me, but I'm very new here and I have a lot of other things on the go as well.
    There aren't any other Opel Australia Forums around that i know of so it would suck if this once closes down. :/

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chris_r Click here to enlarge
    Forum is up for sale. @poita is the man to speak to if you're interested or know someone who is. If he doesn't get a buyer by the 30th June, that's when the forum will close, as he has a lot of other projects on the go.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DJC317 Click here to enlarge
    Ah! Thats what i remember seeing. Hopefully someone will be able to take it on. Its tempting for me, but I'm very new here and I have a lot of other things on the go as well.
    There aren't any other Opel Australia Forums around that i know of so it would suck if this once closes down. :/
    Yes, it would suck. This place has been like a second home for many of us over the last few years and those of us who have been here for a long enough time would be sad to see it go, but that's just the way things go.

One would hope that now that cars like the Commodore being replaced by the Insignia, Cruze being replaced with the Astra K and possibly a few more Opel models replacing Holden product, that there'd be an increased interest in this forum. Only problem is, it'll be a couple of years before that happens unfortunately and that may not be at the right time to save the forum.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Theres definitely some nice people on here to talk to on here.

Yeah, see what comes of the next few months i suppose hey. Hopefully someone saves the forum!

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chris_r Click here to enlarge
    Yes, it would suck. This place has been like a second home for many of us over the last few years and those of us who have been here for a long enough time would be sad to see it go, but that's just the way things go.

One would hope that now that cars like the Commodore being replaced by the Insignia, Cruze being replaced with the Astra K and possibly a few more Opel models replacing Holden product, that there'd be an increased interest in this forum. Only problem is, it'll be a couple of years before that happens unfortunately and that may not be at the right time to save the forum.

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If I don't get a buyer yes it will be closing down unfortunately

Sent from my Nintendo 64
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had any bites yet mate? What kind of pricing is involved with hosting this forum? Do you run a server from home?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by poita Click here to enlarge
    If I don't get a buyer yes it will be closing down unfortunately

Sent from my Nintendo 64

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I'm away at the moment. If you shoot me an email to the adress in the for sale thread I'll email you details on Tuesday.

Sent from my Nintendo 64
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay mate. Cool. Just interested to know.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by poita Click here to enlarge
    I'm away at the moment. If you shoot me an email to the adress in the for sale thread I'll email you details on Tuesday.

Sent from my Nintendo 64

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is the email address @poita?

Thread Information