Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Setting up suspension would be really easy if it's got flexride.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pretty sure I read somewhere that they had Aussie engineers working on both the new Astra and insignia during development as well so if I read that correctly then they may already have a preset for oz

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If they have flex ride it'll be computer controlled.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Purplehazeffc Click here to enlarge
    Looks like they have come full circle. The original Commodore the VB of 1978. Was a modified Opel loosely based on the 1977 Opel Rekord E bodyshell but with the front grafted on from the Opel Senator.
    Hopefully Holden engineers will be allowed to set up a the suspension settings to suit Australian conditions. I hope it's not just a change of badge only.
    As with using the Insignia with a turbo 6 in V8 Supercars??? I don't think many of Holden supporters would go for that. Holden for a long time (40 years) have had a V8 for racing.
    Actually, the VB Commodore as we know it, was in fact the third generation Opel Commodore or Commodore C in Opel nomenclature. Yes, it was based on the Rekord as you said, except they fitted the nose from the Opel Senator (another name Holden "borrowed") to accommodate a 6 cylinder engine, whether it was either the Opel cam-in-head (CIH) or the Holden Red 6. The fact Holden could also fit the V8 under the bonnet was a bonus.

As @poita said, in 2017 the rules for V8 Supercars is changing. It'll also allow for turbo 4s and 6s to enter, as well as two door models (eg Ford Mustang) to race. Pretty much, it won't be V8 Supercars any more and the Ford/Holden bogans are going to have to live with that reality, whether they like it or not.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Earlier than the commodore was the torana which was a vauxhall with an extended nose. Ive always wondered if the original vauxhall design had come from opel too?

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FWIW I actually think "Holden Insignia" is a very good/cool sounding name. Certainly could be much worse! At least it's not going to be named Silvia! How great would a "Holden Beryl" be? Hmmm, it's late, what other classic Aussie girls names would apply here? Again, certainly could be much worse though I guess insignia means:

... a symbol or token of personal power, status or office, or of an official body ...
    There's probably nothing more insulting than to suggest the flagship symbolic Holden of the future amounts to nothing more than an Opel with a few different plastic badges and an Aussie suspension map, no matter how true a reflection of Holden's history that arguably is.

For flip sake we're eating our beloved Hippedy Hoppeders; arguably AFL looks more like every other ball sport now they're all professional endurance athletes on drugs; turns out meat pies have probably never contained any real meat and now we've butchered the Holden dream! What's become of our national story? Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

Thread Information