Hi Guys,

Im currently in a bit of a mixed boat when it comes to deciding my next car. I have gone away from buying second hand cars as i have had a pretty bad experience in the past. So I'm going brand NEW!

I have driven both the 2016 Holden Astra J VXR and the 2016 Subaru WRX. The problem is, I like both. The WRX is considerably easier to get aftermarket performance parts for locally. COBB performance has announced that the Acessport 3 will be supporting the Australian Market, including support for flex fuel in the near future. (Something that i want to get involved with).

The VXR is an absolute pocket rocket, and unique with its 2 door configuration as well as Sport/VXR driving modes.. And those seats are amazing. From speaking to a few people here parts are available from overseas, the downside is that Currency Conversion is a killer. Im unsure of tunes and support/availability for Flex Fuel for this vehicle. From the information i have found searching, appears that the VXR shares the same ECU as 200-2015 Commodores which supported flex fuel.

Is there anyone on here who has driven both of these cars and have their own opinion? Im not making my final decision from this post, but just some ideas from other people would be greatly appreciated!

DC
Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!