I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all and thanks

G'day, my name is Mitchell.

I've browsed the forum a quite a few times before as it has some of best first hand information and tips I’ve been able to come across online for my Vectra but I never signed up until now. She's been off the road for a couple of years and in need of some TLC (and a blue slip!) and thought I’d better sign up as I seem to be spending more and more time here because I'm working on it to get her on the road.

I'll take this opportunity to say thank you to every one who posts or has posted “how to's” here in the past, your posts have been very informative have saved me a lot of time and stuffing around.

I fell in love with Vectras (much too the disgust of my Commodore / Falcon driving mates who were with me at the time!Click here to enlarge) the first time I saw one out the front of a Holden dealership.

I've got a 2001 V6 manual CD hatch and all though she’s been off the road for nearly 4 years for some reason I just couldn't say good bye and get rid of her. A good thing too as it looks like I’ve finally got a job after 4 year of being on a pension due to a nasty motorcycle accident I had and now need / can afford another car.

Thats all for now, thanks again
    Mitchell
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    welcome to OA
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum Mitchell.
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome along mate.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum! On-road or off-road motorbike accident? Glad you've managed to overcome your injuries!

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On-road bike that thought it was an off-road bike Click here to enlarge.

I got a 02 ZX6R, it's all been repaired just haven’t had the money to insure and register as being on a pension with a wife and three kids doesn’t leave me any money to spend on toys for myself. Will be using the Vectra to get to work, once I’ve paid off a few debts to family and friends who have helped me out over the last few years my next plan will be to get the bike back on the road.

Can't tell you much about the accident. I hit my head hard and got a concussion with both post-grade and retro-grade amnesia, so long story short, all though the accident was on a Wednesday I can remember putting my gear on on Monday then I woke up in intensive care on Saturday. Can't remember much in between, the paramedics told me a lovely old couple were driving by (in an Vectra Click here to enlarge) and found what was left of me and my bike on the side of the road in a drainage pit.

Also broke my right leg which healed up fine and left index finger which required surgery. That was where all the drama happened.

Pretty much after surgery anything that could have gone wrong did, the finger got infected with MRSA (golden staph) and because of the infection the bone would not heal. Then some of the metal work they put in there broke through the skin so they had to pull it all out (and the bones in my finger) and they made me a new finger with some bone from my hip.

It don't look pretty but it gets the job done!

P.S. sorry that went on longer than I through it would

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, that's quite an ordeal :\ It's amazing what the human body can do (and put up with)...

Thread Information