Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the boost solenoid is on the front of the turbo, u will be using the black/red hoses goin to this, but as BR said, make sure u do it right, or you can hit lots of boost very quick, and blow the motor/turbo before limp mode can cut it out.
    you do have a boost gauge right?
    '04 Sri-T Z23LET - latest stages underway - Slowly - Even slower - $5K over budget :-/
    **Qld** Astra TS Turbo Tuner.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes i have a boost gauge!

thanks again

Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Interesting discussion...I hve the re-flash and now an EBC...For the first time the other day I got an error code...strange thing the Traction control light came on not the ECU error light (little spanner). The car went into limp mode and pulled all the timing out of the car and started dumping fuel..

Did some research and if after 3 seperate runs periods if the fault does not return the ECU automatically clears the code...And it worked...But then it happened again....

Now question is what is causing it?? Is it an overboost thing (too much boost in 2nd or 3rd which are the gears it happened in and I was thrashing the car both times) or a pinging problem or maybe something else??? I can't read the ECU error codes as I don't have the right program.. But the fact its the traction control light and not the spanner light has got me worried.......

Idea's anyone????
    Epsilon Renntech
    2003 Astra SRi-T - The Phantom
    EMTRON ECU
    Borg Warner EFR7163 & EFR9180
    Tuned by Scott @ Insight Motorsports

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    torque limit maybe?
    i know my t/c disabled itself when i had the new turbo, too much power, then t/c couldnt keep up and just gave up n switched off Click here to enlarge
    '04 Sri-T Z23LET - latest stages underway - Slowly - Even slower - $5K over budget :-/

Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah thought it could be a torque /LSD releated issue...Turned the TC off but still happened...Was thinking of pulling the fuse and see what happened but never got around to it.....
    Epsilon Renntech
    EMTRON ECU

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wont be a torque issue Click here to enlarge ..mine has enough torque to break traction on occasion in 3rd so it cant be that.

i will put my money on the boost, perhaps its gone over the new boost limit set by the reflash? could be detonation..had you afrs checked on a dyno?

dunno why it was the traction control light tho :P could be the infamous AFM issue that the uk guys have that none of us seem to get?
    Subaru MY08 STi - Alpine white :whistle:
    Hammond to Clarkson: "if the STi is faster your gonna look like such a knob!"

209kw at all 4.

Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A/F is all good been checked on the road and dyno...

Personally thinking is an overboost thing.....May be the AFM...Was going to go up to the 80mm AFM but don't knwo which way to turn....
    Epsilon Renntech
    EMTRON ECU

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When my SRiT was going mental over a period of months, it too kept showing the T/C light as a fault - turned out to be a faulty wiring loom connected to the boost controller/solenoid/ and AFM etc .............. so when these things go wrong do not assume it will show the error light!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we do get the issue here, i had it for a while, but it went away for some reason, maybe cause i disabled the t/c everytime i got in the car Click here to enlarge.
    from what i am told it an earth connection on the left side of the batter in the harness Click here to enlarge.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys,

i was looking under the bonnet today... i have two short questions...

firstly, that black/red hose, going from the wastegate to the turbo... to i insert the boost controller between the wastegate, and the solonoid, or the solonoid and the turbo.... the solonoid is the little black box that has electrical connections as well as the hose going through it..... the hose is black ont eh outside, and red on the inside....

secondly, the boost gauge.... where is the best point ot take the reading from... i want to get a vac reading as well, so i know it needs to go after hte throttle body, is there an easily accessed vac line i can put a t-piece on?

cheers

Thread Information