Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sri turbo boost control

:wink: can any one tell me how or where i can install it. Had a performance place try and install it and the engine warning light came on.
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

OpelAus Forum Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You cant boost the astra T with a boost controller without a fuel cut defender and even still you wont find it work too well !

When you boost the astra T 2 pound over standard max boost , it sends the ecu into safety mods (limp mode) and you need to get holden to clear the code , or take the battery terminal off !

A good way to boost the astra is a powerchip remaped ecu , unichip or the haltec interceptor.

OpelAus Alumni
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Steve
    ...and even still you wont find it work too well!
    I'm hurt!

I'm running EBC with FCD and it works fine. The only side effect is that the warning light comes on and the code reads (not receiving signal from boost controller). Performance in my car (as you know) is not affected.

Technically, the car can't go into limp mode because:
    a) even if it did, you are forcing it to boost - you must use FCD to overcome this.
    b) thanks to the FCD, the ecu doesn't know you are overboosting - it simply uses O2 sensors and adjusts AFR accordingly to keep laying on the power.

Given that I modded my car before they were remappable in OZ, I'm sticking with the 'bolton' solution simply because of $.

The advantage of the EBC is that you can give consistant boost through all gears where as the remmapped ECU reduces power in low gears.

The advantage of remapping, is that you avoid scrutinisation by insurance companies and police, car is tuned better, and no warning light.

Wayne (Turblue) took my car for a drive and thought it actually put the power down a bit smoother than the PowerChip... He would be a good one to talk to since he has driven both a remapped and EBC powered car.

OpelAus Forum Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ryan
    I'm hurt!
    Sorry Ryan , i had a mate try this system and didnt work too well , i was refering to a manual boost control , not electronic , my bad, should of worded it better , i did forget yours did a low 14 sec pass with the EBC and FCD fitted Click here to enlargeops:

Dont hate me fella lol

All in all , agree 100% with ya Ryan , without the FCD this system wont work on this car !!

OpelAus Alumni
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't stay mad at you Steve. Look at that punum...

I concur with the bleed valve. I did try this first as a $ saver and had it swapped within days.

It is too hit and miss to set a ceiling for your boost as it is inconsistent across gears.

With the EBC you can set a limit and reduce boost by X% if that gets reached...

EBC + FCD or remap for best results juz

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tried manual boost control with an FCD. IT WAS A NIGHTMARE..!!!!!!!
    I was constantly setting the ecu into limp. Luckily I have a code reader that can reset the ecu.....

So, an EBC would be a better choice.

However....

An EBC and FCD would cost around $600-1,000+ depending on what you use. A remap from Powerchip is $990.

I have driven the Rhino-mobile, and I felt that is was, in some ways, smoother. I guess that is because the boost is constant, and not variable.

For reference:
    http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/w...20Vehicles.doc

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry to resurrect an old post

but i am looking at fitting a turbotech boost controller to my astra turbo, will this present the same problems as a bleed type controller?

also, what is the stock boost on an astra SRI turbo, 2002?

thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    get the remap instead, cheaper, safer, better Click here to enlarge
    Subaru MY08 STi - Alpine white :whistle:
    Hammond to Clarkson: "if the STi is faster your gonna look like such a knob!"

209kw at all 4.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as blueraven said Click here to enlarge.
    where abouts are you located?
    '04 Sri-T Z23LET - latest stages underway - Slowly - Even slower - $5K over budget :-/
    **Qld** Astra TS Turbo Tuner.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im in (mt waverley) melbourne.....

i kinda already bought the turbotech unit cos it worked a treat on my KE laser.... but i guess that a much less complex piece of machinery compared to the astra!

can i run it at all, say even to run 12psi?

how would that compare to stock?

whats it cost to get a remap?

cheers

Thread Information