Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: New AH Survey!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A 3-door Astra H would look nice.

The Turbo in the latest Wheels mag looks good too.
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they had the 171kw motor in the turbo out here...i would seriously consider it as an option, dependent on pricing of course.

I still want my Mini though! :wink:
    Nick

MY03 - Astra SRi - Black...Sleek...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there is nothing wrong with the Astra drivetrain.....but apart from the turbo, it does lack power....
    17x7in Shadow Black Advanti Stalkers
    DBA Slotted Rotors
    Lucas pads
    Customised King Springs
    KYB Shocks
    Sound
    Tint
    Opelised
    Viper Custom Alarm

Crossfire

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Ecstasy!

I was starting to wish I never asked! Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Just like every new model it takes most people a while before they like a design of a car I think. The more there are on the road the more people will like them.

I think you right about the styling. They are agressive looking with sharp lines. We looked at Focus and for a euorpean car you would sware it was made in taiwan somewhere, Corolla's are nice but I would have only gone for the sportivo with the 141kw celica motor but the price was too much. The interior of the new AH is nice. It's features absolutly s**t all over anything else and while the power may be more in the older model I am glad I got the new one.

Resale value has to be better since you can still buy the older design. I hope they keep the older design going for a few more years. The fact that there is a price difference between the old and new design means less are likly to get the new shape especially companies that buy a fleet of Astra's. If less are on the road insurance will be and is cheaper!

Mine has only 900kms and so far I love it.

OpelAus Alumni
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They don't make the Astra G anymore, so your dream of keeping that design going for a few more years is simply that. They are only clearing remaining stock.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Pitch
    The interior of the new AH is nice. It's features absolutly (sic) s**t all over anything else...
    To be expected, it's a new car :roll: It'd be disappointing if they went backwards. But again, that's euro design. I do however wish we got ALL the features that are available in them in the Euro market. Bloody Australian market.

Does it have hill start assist? I would assume so.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Pitch
    Resale value has to be better since you can still buy the older design.
    This confuses me. Why? Resale is only good if supply, or lack-there-of demands it. I'm not sure that having the G available would effect resale of the H - By the time most people would want to sell the H (say, 3 years from now when the warranty comes due, the market will again be flooded with them.

In comparison: There are only 20 odd black astra SRi turbo's. I would HOPE that lack of numbers would make that more sought after and effect resale... only because I have a vested interest.

I do agree that the shape will grow on people though. I hated the new veccy when it came out. I'd definitely have one now... Although I'm not convinced on the pricing.

I'd love an XT Forester next!

My 2c

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol, my fiancee has the new H..... Don't like the shape, the blinkers give me the shits, so do the wipers!!! You can't work out when to turn the buggers off..... I guess it's because i only really drive it once/twice a week, but it's a car you have to drive all the time otherwise you forget it's quirks, i love the astra g interior, it's basic, which is what i wanted, not cluttered, etc..... The controls in the h are impossible (nearly) without looking at them, they have no real "feel" and you can't find the friggen a/c switch without looking down Click here to enlarge Mind you i have an sri, so the seats are better than the city, etc, and i too drove a dealer loaner, it was about 6mths old when i borrowed it and it was a POS.... it was 1000x worse than my car and made me laugh at the poor souls with 1.8L's, but after driving a proper one that's been kept well, etc the loaners are just a horrible car all round, regardless of v8 commonwhore or astra...
    The astra's a "fastback" not a proper hatch, really, or a sedan IMHO... Click here to enlarge
    But i wouldn't buy a H, the G is a much nicer car for me... The fiancee liked them too and got the H instead and she's happy with it
    Aaron
    Astra SRi 2003
    Lumma Grill
    Headlight eyelids
    Colour Coding
    Turbo Mags
    Eibach
    LED dash/interior
    ICE Click here to enlarge
    *I choose to reject your reality and substitute my own*

OpelAus Forum Regular 01CDsedan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like it for the most part - it looks okay, not better than the G but different and still good, and the interior is a huge improvement.

As I said in another post, it needs better tyres. And it also needs more power now that it's put on about 100kg.

Would I buy one? If I was looking for a new small car, I'd consider it - along with the Golf, 3 and new Focus when it gets here. I couldn't say I'd buy it without having tried out the competition first, which do appear to have the edge on paper.
    Currently: no Opels
    Formerly: 2001 Astra CD sedan, 2003 Vectra CDX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The mazda 3 would whip it right now....
    17x7in Shadow Black Advanti Stalkers
    DBA Slotted Rotors
    Lucas pads
    Customised King Springs
    KYB Shocks
    Sound
    Tint
    Opelised
    Viper Custom Alarm

Crossfire

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the new astra is ok the front and the back are alrite
    but it can be easily mistaken for a new corolla
    unlike the astra G its in its own class

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looks alright i guess, looks like a mazda sp23 jus dun get why holden would make it look completly different 2 the old astras

Thread Information