Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Reccomendations for internet providers/plans

Basically as per title. Looking at getting wifi in the house we live in currently. Not gonna be downloading any movies or anything. I will be gaming online (ps3/ps4) but not heaps. Me and the wife will be internet browsing on our phones, fb etc. She also wants netflix and hulu.

Not sure what sort of GB we would need. Say 500gb? Which providers are good? Both customer service and data vs price etc.

TIA!

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    OPEL ADDICT 1994 CORSA B 1.5D (ENGLAND) 2001 CORSA C 1.2L (ENGLAND) 2004 CORSA C 1.4L (SOLD) 2004 3.2 V6 VECTRA GTS (SOLD)
    1994 CORSA B GSI C16 CONVERTED TO Z18XE (SOLD) 2001 ASTRA VAN Z16SE (CURRENT)

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    see if you can get belong. they were my 1st option but couldn't get it here.

I'm with clubtelco. $65 a month. unlimited adsl2+ and line rental.

Was either them or tpg and club telco ended up being the cheapest option.
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Oh and no contract

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    OEM+

Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    So unlimited is unlimited data? Or just unlimited speed but theres a data limit?

OPEL ADDICT 1994 CORSA B 1.5D (ENGLAND) 2001 CORSA C 1.2L (ENGLAND) 2004 CORSA C 1.4L (SOLD) 2004 3.2 V6 VECTRA GTS (SOLD)

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Unlimited data. Getting up to 3mbs on download speeds depending on server. Usually around 1.5mbs

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk
    OEM+

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Dodo's not too bad for ADSL. $60 for unlimited including line rental. My speeds fluctuate wildly, but then I live in RIM hell. They also do an unlimited for $29.90 p/m with no contract, but you need to get your own line rental.

I've used TPG in the past, but I must say that I wasn't impressed with their customer service when I went to move the connection from Davoren Park to Burton. Apparently, they couldn't connect my internet here.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    get unlimited data because once you start watching 3d web adult movies like me.... you'd want unlimited data. and not a plan that locks you in for too long. Im on primus, not the fastest but never a problem.
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks lads. Gives me something to look at.

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd also recommend giving Internode a buzz. IIRC they are Adelaide based so I would hope they are really good down there. I used to be with Telstra up here, but they over sold their lines in our area so I was getting worse than dial-up speeds during peak, but at about 3am I'd be able to get 14mb/s. After 2 months of complaining to Telstra they ended up telling me the only way to fix it was to go to a different provider who wasn't renting off Telstra in our area. So I checked around and Internode have quite a bit of infrastructure, gave them a buzz and firstly was pleased that I got right through to somebody based in Australia who actually knew their stuff. I got him to check my exchange and confirm that they had space on their own hardware (which they claim to limit access to in order to provide stable speeds). In the end we signed up with them, $90 per month for 250GB ADSL2+ with a static IP address and unmetered upload using the Power Pack addon and we are not on contract.

I have been with them for over 2 years now and the internet has only gone down once for a couple of hours after a big storm. The speeds have also been stable between 7mb/s-14mb/s consistently which is plenty usable. Even with 5 of us in the house, we have managed to have 3 simultaneous HD Netflix streams going without any hiccups.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Internode was good when I used to be with them years ago. They've since sold out to iinet, as has Adam Internet, another SA based provider. Last time I looked at their services, they were pretty much the same as iinet anyway.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Thread Information