Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I meant I'll put grease on back of pads not calipers....

Sent from my Boost View 5.0 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shifty Click here to enlarge
    Ended up putting Calibre pads in, there made by bendix but around $20 cheaper. They feel good BUT after nearly 100km they started squeaking so i re bedded and now just the tiniest squeak but still annoying the s#@t outta me! Maybe there just settling in but if still doing it tomorrow I'll take them out and put abit of grease on the back of the calipers. I put grease on shims, slide pins and the top and bottom of each pad but thought I'd cleaned everything else good enough but seems like i must've missed a bit of dust and thats whats causing the squeak. No biggy easy fix HOPEFULLY!
    Yeah, a quick google search beforehand would've shown you the Calibre pads are the cheap generic brand Bendix use for their cheapest pads made for the SuperCheap Auto chain they've renamed because they don't want them easily associated with being Bendix.

Lotsa reports of what you're experiencing with noise, poor contact patch, low grip, spongy pedal feel and no heat resistence. Basically the cheapest pad on the market for saving money on a car you need to sell.

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    That's what happens when you be cheap on important components I guess
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Legoman Click here to enlarge
    Yeah, a quick google search beforehand would've shown you the Calibre pads are the cheap generic brand Bendix use for their cheapest pads made for the SuperCheap Auto chain they've renamed because they don't want them easily associated with being Bendix.

Lotsa reports of what you're experiencing with noise, poor contact patch, low grip, spongy pedal feel and no heat resistence. Basically the cheapest pad on the market for saving money on a car you need to sell.
    I thought seeings they have bendix on the pack that they'd be ok and in my opinion there pretty good, it was my mistake not cleaning the calipers enough that caused the squeak which i have just fixed and the pads feel as good as the "real" bendix that i had on previously.
    Also i dont know about "the cheapest pads on the market" bcoz they were almost double the price of Ferodo and they were more than double the price of bosch so dunno where u got that info from. From what ive been told by professional mechanics is that bendix are average at best these days and the only reason they are expensive is bcoz they have a good name from years ago when they were quality. Last thing, the reason i didnt get QFM pads was that a mechanic told me that i need new discs or get them machined bcoz theres afew grooves in them from previous owner not changing pads and having metal on metal, so he said chuck on a pair of reasonably cheap pads bcoz the discs might chew the new pads really quick, he also said i could be lucky and the "cheap pads" might even the discs out bit warned me not to get a expensive set of pads as it could be throwing money away. So im going on a professionals advice. Yea i shouldve got top quality pads and DBA discs but at the moment cash is tight and im trying to the best i can to keep my car on the road

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by poita Click here to enlarge
    That's what happens when you be cheap on important components I guess
    Not exactly cheap when out of the 5 brands that were infront of me being bosch, ferodo, ABD sure stop, calibre and bendix, the calibre were second most expensive and didnt wanna throw money away getting expensive pads if my discs ripped them in afew weeks. Tbh i cant tell any difference between these and bendix. Ive had them hot and there not spongy and pull up well

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Squealing/Squicking is most likely due to new pads on worn/grooved discs..... Just give it another 1000km till the fully bed into the groves Click here to enlarge

Have used Ferodo before, and they were a good pad. Stopped using them tho as got tired of doing special order all the time, as they didn't stock my size and had to cut down a larger pad.

Currently using EBC (yes I know all the kool kids use them). Just don't get the green's (what the kool kids use), as they aren't much above stock pads. I've had a few sets of Yellow R's in my track car, and they've been great.

And of course, don't forget the quality fluid. Good pads are nothing without good fluid. Gotta say AP Racing for this.

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heard the EBC yellows are really good, I'll have to give them a go in future.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Never been a fan of EBC pads. That break-in coating gets on your wheels and you'll never get the crap off. And they squealed more than the Mintex pads I have in my 2014 Transit Custom, which squeal badly under high temps.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never had a problem with the break-in coating. They seem to break-in better if you give them a really good hammering, and the coating basically gets burnt off. A few slams from 60kph>0kph and they are good to go!

Thread Information