Thread: So I am back...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I am back...

Well guys, I am going to get some "I told you so's..." here but I am back.

So I sold the SRi Turbo and bought an XR6 Turbo as I said I was going to do.

Long story short I built the XR6 Turbo into something I like (picture below) and spent more money on repairs etc than I have ever planned to.

I took a big step back the other day and realized I was stuck in a never ending circle of spending and the XR6T was no closer to being 100% right...

Needless to say the XR has now been sold and guess what I bought back?

My 90,000klm SRi Turbo sold to my father of all people when I got rid of it, he has put about 800klms on it since then. My dad is elderly and couldn't really get in and out of it well so I have just done him a favor and bought it back! Click here to enlarge

I have missed the SRi ever since I sold it and it will be my new project (again) and it is NOT going anywhere this time.

Hoping everyone has been well while I was away from the forums and I finally look forward to meeting you all at the next Gold Coast/Brisbane meet.

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    2004 Arden Blue TS Astri SRi Turbo

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to have ya back Click here to enlarge

What kind of issues were ya having with the XR6T?

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge welcome back.
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    XR6Ts aren't bad cars, but when things go wrong with them, they go wrong big time. I sold mine just in time with 260,000 on the clock, because I heard about 40,000 kms later, it split a piston in half and opened up some new ventilation in the block. Mind you, the new owner was a bit of a dick behind the wheel too, so that probably contributed to it's demise.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks =)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So it's been cleaned inside out and is back inside my garage; I have to do this every time I get a new car thanks to my OCD...

I have a small list of things, new tyres, coilovers, new intake (I sold mine when the car sold) and tidying up some interior items; but when is a car ever 'finished' right?

I honestly forgot how well these can go, it feels far less lazy than my auto XR6T did, my elderly father was kind enough to keep my boost gauge installed where I left it and leave the rear BCS bypass in place when I sold him the car.

Click here to enlarge
    2004 Arden Blue TS Astri SRi Turbo

Thread Information