Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah, later Opel ECUs get locked down a bit (just ask @SilentShout about the Siemens Simtec70 series ECUs on the Z18XE). Sounds like a decent plan though.

The F17 box from the Astra can be used with your existing shafts I believe and should bolt in, but you will need to convert your clutch pedal for a hydraulic setup, or set the box up to use a clutch cable. I'd be more inclined to go hydraulic, which I believe you can use a JR or JS Vectra clutch master cylinder for. The F17 box is probably the strongest box available for a Family 1 engine, but the standard F13 box will handle a fair amount of power too.

As for the mounts, you use your existing mounts. There's two types of mounts in the Corsa and they depend on whether you have power steering or not. C14SE with power steering and C16XE/X16XE mounts are all the same.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh awesome mine has power steering haha, so all I really need to source is ecu and clutch master, sweet as Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    or rather dont ask me about the ecu Click here to enlarge

the ecu itself isnt locked down as such, just wierdly programmed. To prevent upstanding citizens such as myself from modifying the ecu, they have placed the x and y axis values in a seperate section of the CAL file to the z axis (the physical tune)

my build im thinking of going for a piggyback as ive spent 1.5 years trying to crack the damn ecu and its not happening -.-

Also welcome to the forums. Will be good to see the car at some meets in the future Click here to enlarge
    Holden Barina XC SRI
    16.23 Second 1/4 Mile, No boost..... Yet
    "-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book." ~Moog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol I don't know a huge deal about fuel injection as I've played mostly with Gemini's and usually stick with suck/blow through carby turbo's.

Is it possible to pull the tune from the Siemans ecu and drop it into the nvram board?

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Short answer no, its all dependant on if both ecu's share the same processor and chipset etc. In some cases you can get lucky e.g. simtec 70 and 71 have different processors but both processors are nearly physically identical and so they share the same I/O pathways and use the same code for different functions such as a reset vector etc.

In saying that the simtec 71 and the simtec 76 look nearly identical outside however the 76 had a different chipset that has support for CANbus and thus has different I/O pathways and wont be compatable.

Its all too annoying tbh. The delco units and bosch units are much easier to work with tbh.

What are the 2 ecu units?? I can hunt through all the research i have looking into my ecu hack project and see if i have any reference for it

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
    Holden Barina XC SRI
    "-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book." ~Moog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well the ecu I want to use is a Delco 808 from a camira or pulsar or commodore, but I have not the faintest idea how to tune an ecu so I was hoping I could just suck the tune from the stock ts astra ecu, then mod the 808 and upload the stock tune to it to get it in the right ballpark and take it in to have it fine tuned once a few mods are done, nothing fancy, most likely just cams, verniers, intake and exhaust with some minor port matching and smoothing until later when I'm looking to spend a great deal more.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sadly its not that easy. Siemens wont flash to a delco and vice versa. The hex data would be arranged differently etc.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
    Holden Barina XC SRI

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    To be honest, for what it'd cost to set up a Delco with the right tune, you may as well just go with a Megasquirt ECU or similar.

What's interesting though, a Z18XE running a C16XE GSi Multec ECU (and extractors) makes more power than a Z18XE with the Simtec ECU.

The white Corsa B here in Adelaide with this swap has a bog stock Z18XE and extractors with 2" exhaust. The guy had it dynoed at 82kW at the wheels. Dead stock Z18XE will usually put out around 70-73kW at the wheels. Surely the exhaust doesn't account for all the extra 10kW, but I think the C16XE ECU possibly overfuels the engine in comparison to the Simtec ECU.

It also explains that why the Corsa B with a Z18XE swap is such a quick little machine.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah sounds like for now I'll just stick with the multec ecu, I'll look at changing it to something better later once I've gotten over this whole budget obsession haha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, some info I just found shows that the JD Camira actually ran a FII 18LE mpfi engine in the early bird versions before they switched them all to single point injection.

Theoretically it'd be somewhere in the ballpark tune wise, maybe something to look at.

Thread Information