I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Throttle pedal stops working - help!!!!

Dear lads,

I bought my Astra TS CDX 1.8 2004 Z18XE nearly 3 months ago and haven't been able to use it.

The dodgy dealer didn't told me about the issue in the throttle system and I couldn't detect when I did the test drive. The case is now at the Consumer Affairs Victoria and hopefully the dealer will have to pay to fix the car or return my money.

Basically, after the car heats up a bit the throttle pedal loses power and stops working. It doesn't work at all no matter how deep I press it. The engine keeps on but the throttle system doesn't work and when I take my foot off the pedal and press again, the throttle pedal starts to work again. Then the issue comes back......

The mechanic has changed the throttle pedal, throttle body and ECU but the issue continues. He told me he didn't know what else to do. He would say that is a wiring issue but would be very expensive to replace the wiring loom.

I did a lot of research in this forum and others but couldn't find similar issue.

I would highly appreciate if someone could provide some light on what should I do before I run over the dodgy dealer. I live in Shepparton, Victoria, 2hs drive from Melbourne.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Otavio
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm having a smilar issue with my car, did you end up finding out what caused yours in the end?

Thread Information