Hey all, After a bit of searching i found a SRI to transplant all the goodness into the Combo. For those who didnt read my intro post, I picked up a Combo for work purpouses and on the way back from Sydney it went really well until I started it the next morning and it blew a cloud of smoke on revs'. So i straight away assumed valve stem seals. However I managed to score a rear ended SRI (very tidy) for $400 so I went for another drive to Syd this weekend to pick it up. I must say i'm over the driving (10 hour round trip) however what a score ! . Very nice interior etc, motor has 205ks on it however it has been really well looked after (full service history) .

So heres the plan
I currently have the head off the lovely 1.6 engine and have got it ready to put back together after reseating the valves and doing the valve stem seals. We'll put this back together so we can get it on the road asap.
Swap most of what we can currently into the combo - lights - seats - carpet - dash etc etc
Then i'll get the engine out of the SRI when i get the combo out of the shed so i have room ! Then i'll put it on the engine stand and re-ring/hone the 1.8 and redo water pump etc etc then do a full swap.
I;m hoping we can retro fit the power windows etc too.

Any way thats my story at the moment Click here to enlarge

2015-04-10 23.17.23.jpg2015-04-10 23.17.27.jpg
Heres the 1.6 pulled down atm
20150410_114211.jpg20150410_114230.jpg20150410_140936.jpg
Heres the SRI !
Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!