Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holden Combo Sri

Hey all, After a bit of searching i found a SRI to transplant all the goodness into the Combo. For those who didnt read my intro post, I picked up a Combo for work purpouses and on the way back from Sydney it went really well until I started it the next morning and it blew a cloud of smoke on revs'. So i straight away assumed valve stem seals. However I managed to score a rear ended SRI (very tidy) for $400 so I went for another drive to Syd this weekend to pick it up. I must say i'm over the driving (10 hour round trip) however what a score ! . Very nice interior etc, motor has 205ks on it however it has been really well looked after (full service history) .

So heres the plan
    I currently have the head off the lovely 1.6 engine and have got it ready to put back together after reseating the valves and doing the valve stem seals. We'll put this back together so we can get it on the road asap.
    Swap most of what we can currently into the combo - lights - seats - carpet - dash etc etc
    Then i'll get the engine out of the SRI when i get the combo out of the shed so i have room ! Then i'll put it on the engine stand and re-ring/hone the 1.8 and redo water pump etc etc then do a full swap.
    I;m hoping we can retro fit the power windows etc too.

Any way thats my story at the moment Click here to enlarge

2015-04-10 23.17.23.jpg2015-04-10 23.17.27.jpg
    Heres the 1.6 pulled down atm
    20150410_114211.jpg20150410_114230.jpg20150410_140936.jpg
    Heres the SRI !
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Looking good mate, that'll keep you busy Click here to enlarge
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How's the drivers side door? All still straight and well aligned? Mine has had a nice dent in it since I bought the car that is driving me crazy and I keep meaning to buy a donor door for it. Hint Hint if you are looking to part out any of your leftovers.Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Power window swap shouldn't be too hard. Pretty much swap the door looms and switches over. You may have to find the door cards from a 5 door, as the 3 door ones are obviously longer, unless you're willing to modify your existing door cards to fit the window switches. Other thing is too, window regulators are different. You will need to source the Combo C regulators (for use with electric windows of course) from the UK. 3 or 5 door ones won't fit. Other than that you just need to put a couple of fuses in and it should work straight away.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Chris.
    Raisin, The door looks very straight and tidy. What are you offering ? Also we'll be robbing the electrics out of it Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ausratty Click here to enlarge
    Thanks Chris.
    Raisin, The door looks very straight and tidy. What are you offering ? Also we'll be robbing the electrics out of it Click here to enlarge
    That's fine, all I am interested in is the metal door itself. I'd swap over the door card and internals from mine. I'll send you a PM. Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys, I hope theres a engine expert on here. We have just redone the head, water pump. Re seated all the valves done all the normal stuff. Checked head for warps etc. Everything appears to be fine.
    So i've put the head back on fired it up. After the oil picked up we gave it a little bit to sit and get its shit together. Gave it a few quick rev's and we still have a smoke issue ! (FMD)
    So I can only think of a couple of things.
    Change the oil to a thicker oil. 20-50 maybe
    Or there is some sort of pcv valve not working (im a bit of a old school home mechanic however i know these can cause this issue) Is there something like this on these motors ?

Any help would be appreciated fellas ! Cheers

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you do a compression test at all? Could be worn rings. Bores look okay with the head off?

2001 Opel Vectra B - Pioneer 12' sub, Head unit and Amplifier, 2.25 inch Cat-back system, hurricane extractors, Ram-air CAI, XHP JET Chrome 17" Wheels, Opelised, Front lip spoiler, Halo Projectors, KYB Shocks, King Springs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey comp test was around 160 psi on each cylinder which i think spec is 180 ? which i spoke to a mach about and he said it should be still ok.
    Bores still had nice hone marks in them no lips at all. Barely and carbon on the pistons . Definitely not glazed

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holden Combo Sri

Pity you're not closer, I'd have had the SRI shell off you if you wanted to sell. FYI my z18 makes 230 psi compression dry

Sent from Stephen Hawkings wheelchair

Thread Information