I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"April" - Astra TS in Canberra

Hi all. Long time lurker, making my first post to the forums here.

I have a TS Astra SXi hatchback in Casablanca White with a Nov 03 build plate. Named April on insistence of my girlfriend at the time (now wife). I bought the car from my parents in 2010 when they upgraded, they having purchased it from the Holden dealer in Bathurst in 2004. Prior to that it was used as a demonstrator by the dealership, who fitted a few upgrades including ROH alloy wheels, chrome exhaust tip, floor mats, and black vinyl accents on the front bar and headlight eyelids.

I first came upon these forums in 2011 looking for information about the timing belt service - it turned out mine hadn't been done, and was pushing 8 years at the time! Since then I've come back for other guides and resources to change and fix a few little things (starting to get the modding bug...). Sadly the car will have to be sold soon, as we need to upsize for our two dogs and baby on the way. But I figured I should post up while I still have it, and share thanks for the fantastic resources here Click here to enlarge

I'll try posting some pictures from my Google account. These were taken shortly after I got the car, and it's largely the same today, except I lost the premium (slim) number plates when I moved states.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

I've started to spruce her up ahead of selling so I should be able to share some glamour shots in a day or two.
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Welcome to OA
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couple extra interior pics. Some months ago (before accepting I would be selling) I had started to look at aftermarket parts to mod and improve the car, and even boughta few, but it was only a few weeks ago that I got around to putting them in.

- Installed new leather gear and handbrake gaiters (sourced from an ebay seller in the UK) as the original vinyl ones were starting to wear. The how-to by green_comet was hugely helpful to achieving this. I also found the fault with my front ashtray (which was flying open due to a snapped speed gear) and fixed it with a part sourced from a wrecker.

- I couldn't resist getting aluminium dial rings from the same seller when I saw them. Removing the instrument cluster was straightforward, but getting it back in was more fiddly than I bargained for. Then I had to do it all again to replace a blown odometer bulb. Was really tempted to embark on a dash light conversion, but I can't justify it if I'll soon be giving the car up Click here to enlarge
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    welcome to the forum. So she served your family well over the years. You know what car you're going to buy ? You'd need a van if you want to put a baby capsule, pram and 2 dogs in !
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the welcome message guy.

Hey dutchy, that's definitely my conundrum! I'm hoping we can make it work with a wagon, and I won't have to settle for anything too boring. Have yet to really start sizing up vehicles, or even decide if we'll buy new or get a used vehicle. Though I quite like our locally made product (while it still exists) so Territory and Commodore Sportwagon are on the list, alongside Subaru Forester as my wife's pick...

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    you'd carefully have to look at the size of the pram your wife wants. I mean, some of them are so massive (like the one we have) they don't fit in a normal size boot without taking the wheels off every time which is something you will not want to do. You might find a car the 420lt size boot of a Forester too small. My wife got a Pug 4008 and its 416lt boot is just big enough to fit our pram. She said it's going to be THIS pram so I need a different car. Traded here 207 in for the 4008. If not going for a 7 seater or wagon, it looks like the boot of a Kia Sportage shitbox is about the biggest you can get (my sister got one of those and with 2 babies / no dogs, has just enough space.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the heads up! I'm hoping to get pram and baby capsule sorted in the not too distant future, then my intent when we start car shopping is to bring those items along with some luggage and a plush proxy for our dog and see what fits! (Although OMG, how does one choose one pram or child seat to buy over all others? Cars I can comprehend, but what I've seen of the kid gear I've no idea how to pick one...)

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Good luck and enjoy your baby stuff shopping, I found it a nightmare !

Thread Information