I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello, just like to introduce myself

Hello

I am a retired engineer recently emigrated to Oz after 5 years trying to sell house in UK.

I enjoy looking after my family's vehicles and the latest car in the family is my grandaughter's 2009 Holden Barina.

I'm hoping I can find help on this forum and, hopefully provide some help when I get to know the car.

Also a forum member of Land Rover and Nissan x Trail and found them very useful.
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

OpelAus Participant StrickenAza34's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum mate, there is a wealth of information easily searchable on here, and anything I haven't found, I always get a response quite quickly.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi and welcome,

First of all, as you may be aware the TK series Barina isn't really an Opel as such (it's really a Daewoo underneath), but the engine in it is a derivative of the Corsa B Sport's X16XE engine from back in the mid-90's. I myself have a little experience with the way these engines differ from their Opel counterparts, with having had a bit to do with the Opel small blocks over the last few years and family members who own a TK Barina and JF Viva (Both Daewoo manufactured, both with Opel-derived engines).

Some of us may be able to help you, but for more information, best stuff for these cars is probably found on US sites where the car was sold as the Chevrolet Aveo (and later model as the Sonic). I know @benzino has had a bit of experience with the older generations of these cars, but I am not sure what he's like with the later models.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you guys, actually didn't know it was a Daewoo, thought it was same as a UK Corsa!

I'm an "old school" engineer who was brought up on cars that could be fixed with a knife and fork and a bit of string!

My Nissan X Trail seems to be a computer on wheels!

Grandaughter's Barina has a central locking issue. Doors unlock but immediately lock again unless I sit in the car and pull up the driver's door button and hold it.

When I try to unlock the door, the driver's side door lock makes a noise which sounds all the world like a pulse of compressed air (whether actuated with the key, from inside or remotely)! (I know it can't be compressed air :-)

Tried some of the "generic" fixes (ignition on, press buttons for 4 secs etc.)

Grandaughter thinks Grandad can fix anything so street cred is on the line!

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by gongon; 25th March 2015 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Misplaced paragraph

Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Welcome to opelaus mate. Where in the uk you from, and where in aus are you living now?
    OPEL ADDICT 1994 CORSA B 1.5D (ENGLAND) 2001 CORSA C 1.2L (ENGLAND) 2004 CORSA C 1.4L (SOLD) 2004 3.2 V6 VECTRA GTS (SOLD)
    1994 CORSA B GSI C16 CONVERTED TO Z18XE (SOLD) 2001 ASTRA VAN Z16SE (CURRENT)

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by adam_92 Click here to enlarge
    Welcome to opelaus mate. Where in the uk you from, and where in aus are you living now?
    Hi mate, from Skelmersdale, Lancashire (born in Liverpool)

Now in Ellenbrook, Perth WA.

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum. Re your locking problem, its not the case that the button sticks is it ? I've had the same problem, not with a car but with my garage door, press the button it opens the door but as soon as it starts to move, it closed the door again. Found out that button was sticking inside remote. Cleaned it with electrical cleaner and problem solved.
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Thread Information