Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    so if your problem is gone, i'd be inclined to say you had a leak somewhere. Yeah, its a pain to get there and you certainly loose at least half the skin of your arms and hands.
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dutchy Click here to enlarge
    so if your problem is gone, i'd be inclined to say you had a leak somewhere. Yeah, its a pain to get there and you certainly loose at least half the skin of your arms and hands.
    Yeah, that or the rbcs or vacuum box was playing up.

I still wanna wire up a boost gauge to help check for vacuum leaks and/or how much boost I'm making under full throttle.

Probably gonna wait til after tax time for the cash, and do crossover delete at the same time... Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Boost gauge shouldn't cost anymore than $50
    OPEL ADDICT 1994 CORSA B 1.5D (ENGLAND) 2001 CORSA C 1.2L (ENGLAND) 2004 CORSA C 1.4L (SOLD) 2004 3.2 V6 VECTRA GTS (SOLD)
    1994 CORSA B GSI C16 CONVERTED TO Z18XE (SOLD) 2001 ASTRA VAN Z16SE (CURRENT)

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by adam_92 Click here to enlarge
    Boost gauge shouldn't cost anymore than $50
    I want to get the Blitz SD Red 52mm boost gauge from Perfect Run. It's an electronic gauge that comes with warning and peak recall function, stand, visor, etc. Really looks the business, but around $200 delivered.

The intake kit I want to get includes the MAF extension plug, silicon hoses, recirc plumbing for the air breather, pod filter and etc. Another $500 or so once delivered from the UK.

Also eyeing off an Alpine CDE-145E. Has steering wheel control compatibility and comes in the orange colour to suit our factory dashes. Another $350 or so from Ryda, plus postage.

So another $1000 or so ready to go down the drain, but hopefully a very nice car as a result.

Stay tuned, and don't tell the missus! Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    really, 50 dollars and you'll gave a very good one like this.
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Apexi-Sty...item33975af0fe

Intake, you looking at a Roose Motorsport set ?
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dutchy Click here to enlarge
    really, 50 dollars and you'll gave a very good one like this.
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Apexi-Sty...item33975af0fe

Intake, you looking at a Roose Motorsport set ?
    No way man, I'm not putting fake parts in my car - it's proper gear or nothing.

As for intake, something along the Roose Motorsport lines would be nice. I want a complete kit, including MAF extension, hoses, pipes and filter, so I can just plug and play. Not too good at improvising...

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Astra 429G Click here to enlarge
    No way man, I'm not putting fake parts in my car - it's proper gear or nothing.

As for intake, something along the Roose Motorsport lines would be nice. I want a complete kit, including MAF extension, hoses, pipes and filter, so I can just plug and play. Not too good at improvising...
    Wahaha, I said "like" this. But you do get good ones for 50 to 100 dollars, but hey, its your money. The one you're after is red isnt it ? What do you mean with maf extension ? With the Roose kit, there should be no need to extend the wires as there might be enough already. Just need to open up that plastic housing with all the wires and pull them out then turn over the rubber on the plug and it might just extend far enough. If you place your maf more down towards the turbo, you will have to extend the wires for sure.

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by dutchy; 29th March 2015 at 08:40 AM. Reason: added photos

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice pics. Yeah, that's the sort of intake I want, but I want it with a pod filter. Very hard to find as all that stuff is based in the UK.

I had that Apexi boost gauge in an R32 Skyline. Loved it. Again, very hard to find now with all the fakes getting around, and many of them nowadays require a control unit which is too much headache for just the one gauge. It does suit the factory instrument cluster though, a lot more than the Blitz SD.

Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Id stay well away from a pod filter, if youre going to the trouble of fitting a direct route/crossover delete then fitting a pod kills all the power in these engines with heatsoak
    OPEL ADDICT 1994 CORSA B 1.5D (ENGLAND) 2001 CORSA C 1.2L (ENGLAND) 2004 CORSA C 1.4L (SOLD) 2004 3.2 V6 VECTRA GTS (SOLD)
    1994 CORSA B GSI C16 CONVERTED TO Z18XE (SOLD) 2001 ASTRA VAN Z16SE (CURRENT)

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by adam_92 Click here to enlarge
    Id stay well away from a pod filter, if youre going to the trouble of fitting a direct route/crossover delete then fitting a pod kills all the power in these engines with heatsoak
    I know, but there's something infectious about that turbo/dv sound. I've never owned a turbo car without fitting a pod filter before, I doubt I'm about to start now.

Not sure about playing around with the MAF wires. Better just to connect an extension plug up to the factory one.

Another problem I've noticed is that many of the crossover delete kits are for an 80mm MAF. Having trouble finding one for a 70mm. Click here to enlarge

Thread Information