Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 83
  1. #11
    I'm new here, please be nice
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by faneca Click here to enlarge
    Welcome along man! You just missed a bit of a meet up on the weekend!
    Thanks. Will catch the next meet-up for sure!

  2. #12
    I'm new here, please be nice
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by adam_92 Click here to enlarge
    BAHAHAHAHAHA! South is where its at!

    Also agree with chris, go with a cdti airbox, its a crossover delete box and avoids all the heatsoak which kills all the power in these engines.
    Fair enough. I wanna sort out the boost issue before I do any more mods to it anyway.

  3. #13
    Cruise Co-ordinator faneca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Adelaide
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,329
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Astra 429G Click here to enlarge
    Northern suburbs, where all the good people live Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by adam_92 Click here to enlarge
    BAHAHAHAHAHA! South is where its at!

    Also agree with chris, go with a cdti airbox, its a crossover delete box and avoids all the heatsoak which kills all the power in these engines.
    Disagree with both of you

    vant beat the western burbs haha

  4. #14
    Cruise Co-ordinator adam_92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Radelaide
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,871
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    West is crap, full of wogs
    OPEL ADDICT 1994 CORSA B 1.5D (ENGLAND) 2001 CORSA C 1.2L (ENGLAND) 2004 CORSA C 1.4L (SOLD) 2004 3.2 V6 VECTRA GTS (SOLD)
    1994 CORSA B GSI C16 CONVERTED TO Z18XE (SOLD) 2001 ASTRA VAN Z16SE (CURRENT)

    Click here to enlarge

  5. #15
    I'm new here, please be nice
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by adam_92 Click here to enlarge
    West is crap, full of wogs
    Hey, I grew up in the western suburbs! Click here to enlarge

  6. #16
    OpelAus King Dingaling dutchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sunshine Coast
    Posts
    4,965
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Astra 429G Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for the welcome.

    No dash lights coming up. I have no idea about the actuator. Sadly, I'm about as mechanically-minded as a pelican.
    Well, pelicans are actually quite smart and they can scratch their balls with their nose. Aaaanyway, standing in front of your engine, looking to the tubocharger, there is a cannister looking thing with a small rubber hose coming out of the top. Bottom has a rod with thread and 2 nuts holding up a lever.

    sort of looks like this;

    Click here to enlarge
    2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, Click here to enlarge Irmscher stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

  7. #17
    OpelAus Forum Addict chris_r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,104
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    South is just as bad as the North in some areas. They don't call Port Noarlunga "Salisbury by the sea" for nothing, lol.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2014 Ford Transit 290S: 2.2L turbo diesel and 6 speed manual goodness. Dressed in corporate livery.
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun - Build thread and FB page

  8. #18
    I'm new here, please be nice
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dutchy Click here to enlarge
    Well, pelicans are actually quite smart and they can scratch their balls with their nose. Aaaanyway, standing in front of your engine, looking to the tubocharger, there is a cannister looking thing with a small rubber hose coming out of the top. Bottom has a rod with thread and 2 nuts holding up a lever.

    sort of looks like this;

    Click here to enlarge
    Yeah I've seen the actuator, but I have no idea how to check if it's working properly.

    As for the pelican, if it was as smart as you say, it would have shut up about being able to scratch its balls with its nose. Not exactly 'resume' material...

  9. #19
    OpelAus King Dingaling dutchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sunshine Coast
    Posts
    4,965
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Astra 429G Click here to enlarge
    Yeah I've seen the actuator, but I have no idea how to check if it's working properly.

    As for the pelican, if it was as smart as you say, it would have shut up about being able to scratch its balls with its nose. Not exactly 'resume' material...
    hihihi.

    just check if both nuts are tight and count the threads sticking out on bottom of the rod. Just a rough count will do (scratch with your nails and count). If nuts are not done up properly, in this case too loose, your boost will be too low as it'll open too soon from boost pressure alone if there's no pre-load. Would be good and easier if you had a boost gauge. Hope for you that its that simple though.
    2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, Click here to enlarge Irmscher stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

  10. #20
    I'm new here, please be nice
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dutchy Click here to enlarge
    hihihi.

    just check if both nuts are tight and count the threads sticking out on bottom of the rod. Just a rough count will do (scratch with your nails and count). If nuts are not done up properly, in this case too loose, your boost will be too low as it'll open too soon from boost pressure alone if there's no pre-load. Would be good and easier if you had a boost gauge. Hope for you that its that simple though.
    Yeah was planning to get a boost gauge anyway. Will see how it goes after the rbcs bypass. Fingers crossed!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •