Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warhammer Bread!!!

Any other warhammer nerds on OA??

I play High Elves in fantasy, and Eldar (basically the future high elves) in 40k Click here to enlarge

I run a 750pt eldar army which is basically just there for when friends want to play 40k

However my heart lays with my Fantasy army Click here to enlarge

2400pt High elf awesomenesss Click here to enlarge about to begin painting after owning and building the army for nearly 2 years Click here to enlarge should kill some time.

Pics will come soon, would be boring atm, as everything is a glorious undercoat black for now :P
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    Holden Barina XC SRI
    16.23 Second 1/4 Mile, No boost..... Yet
    "-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book." ~Moog

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never fully looked into this stuff, but I must say the goal of it escapes me. From what I've seen it looks like a mix between chess and DnD?

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah think overly complex chess mixed with something like skyrim for fantasy or future skyrim for 40k Click here to enlarge i like it alot. Not for everyone as the price tag is a huge turn off. But buying bits here and there eleviates the cost. Just have to have patience.
    Holden Barina XC SRI
    "-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book." ~Moog

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SilentShout Click here to enlarge
    Yeah think overly complex chess mixed with something like skyrim for fantasy or future skyrim for 40k Click here to enlarge i like it alot. Not for everyone as the price tag is a huge turn off. But buying bits here and there eleviates the cost. Just have to have patience.
    Haha sounds like the wrong thing for me then. I've got too many expensive habits as it is.

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i used to play when i was younger, had a tyranid 40k army. still have most of my stuff somewhere although the paintwork on it is horrible...

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my mate who plays space marines recently got his missus into the game. She runs a nid army, much to my displeasure :P

its like the skaven in fantasy though, nothing beats the swarms :P
    Holden Barina XC SRI

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think alot of the models i had are no longer available or used. will have to have a look at what i actually have lol.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to collect miniatures. I worked at Games Workshop for a while too. This is going back 20 years when GW first came to Aus.
    In 40k I collected Blood Angles and imperial guard, In fantasy I collected Undead, I had a couple of Necromunda gangs and a sh!t load of Blood Bowl teams.
    Spent thousands on them.

Blood Bowl had the best appeal due to the reasonable entry price. I've kept all my Blood Bowl stuff and will be introducing it to my son in the next year or 2...super excited for that!

Table top war gaming is far superior to PC or console IF you can devote the time and money to it.

There is something so visceral about collecting, building and painting your army/team. The element of looking your opponent in the eye and outsmarting them or getting some lucky dice rolls is immensely satisfying.
    Arguments if the dice is cocked or if the figure really had line of sight...many hours of frustration and joy.

Blood Bowl 2 is about to drop for PC so I'll def pick that up.

Thread Information