Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    it's all a bit hard to see on the pic. I did notice a strut brace. At least the former owner made the effort to get rid of the crossover pipe but im not convinced this is the best way. Anyway, if it works for your car, then why not. Your maf might not have a very long grease free life this way. Did the former owner tell you anything more about the car ?
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JSR911 Click here to enlarge
    What do you guys think of this short shifter http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Short-thr...item51b90d73b3

I know Mtech have one for around 200$ just want to know if anyone has tried this one or if it can be trusted.
    Personally, I haven't used one of these short shifters, but I can vouch for the M-Tech shifters (as can many others on this forum). I had one with my Z18XE engine and I fitted one to the Z20LET in my Corsa, which I am yet to get running. On the Z20LET, I combined the M-Tech shifter with a gear lever refurb kit from eBay (it replaces a plastic pin with a metal one and provides an extra insert to sit under the ball part of the gear lever itself) and it feels tight as. You could probably use both the eBay lever and the M-Tech shift shortener in tandem, as the M-Tech unit shortens the shift at the gearbox end and is mounted as such.

With regards to cost of the M-Tech shifter, you don't pay VAT, so that may take 20% or so off the price. Also, look out for forum group buys that include further discounts, as they do happen from time to time and M-Tech is one mob we often have them with.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oooo sweet yeah whenever the next group buy is put me down!!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @dutchy I bought it off a dealer he didnt have much info on it but he did provide logbook and the other essentials.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If its been tuned by autotech its more than likely running a unichip piggyback ecu.. Does yhe car have a boost gauge? How much boost is it running?

Im from Sans Souci, I dont mind meeting up and taking a look for you..

Dave
    03 Astra SRi Turbo.
    SRI-03T...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey dave yeah we are very close we should meet up soon inbox me Click here to enlarge

Where can i find the uni chip ive tried to look for it and havnt had any luck?

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    so its a but hard to tell. Seeing another member on here would be good and indeed if you have a boost gauge, that'll tell a bit more.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Found this post off an old member, he's had unichip in his car done by autotech and also has a vxr turbo. If you take bottom hose off, you can see if outlet is ribbed. There might also be a different plate on there but I am not to sure of that.

http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...ri-Turbo/page3

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not too far from Hurstville i am down at concord. looks like from the pic of the intake a hole has been cut in the engine bay for the pipe to go through and the breather is before the AFM, that can cause it to die early.

for that short shift kit i dont know i would trust it being from china, likely would not come with fitting instructions etc either and for the price cant be a good quality.

I was looking at getting RnD Short shift kit similar price and definitely works.

will have to organise another meet for us sydney Opel Aus members there seem to be a few of us around now Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah we deffinetly need to meet up!!! Also if you're getting the RnD short shift kit get me one!?! I can transfer you the money or meet up with you?

Thread Information