Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steering vague and light

Hi all, my AH Sri Turbo is close to 95k now but for a while I've been growing more concerned with vague and light steering.

There is always an issue with power through the front wheels causing torque steer but to be honest the Sri turbo doesn't suffer with this like the VXR, so I'm ruling that out, tram lining is also an issue with wider wheels/tyres and I'm sure most of you have felt the results of soft Tarmac and heavy trucks. My concern is that the steering these days feels more vague than it used to, very light and more play in the steering wheel, it doesn't help that after a broken water main(big pothole) and an inability to find a replacement khumo (without forfeiting my firstborn) I'm left with different tyres on either side at the front.

So my question, bushes, cv's, who's had issues and does this sound like the same thing? Anyone else experiencing similar issues??
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right just me then...

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    wouldn't it just be that, different ones on each front ? I mean, you'll notice already if one tyre is inflated more than the other one. Maybe you have them inflated too much, try taking some out and even pressure on both sides.
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Different tyres won't help as they presumably have different tread patterns but otherwise i'd be looking at your bushes as they are what gives you nice tight feeling steering and suspension. OEM rubber ones perish, go hard and shrink so can get very sloppy, a good suspension place would be able to tell you for sure though.

Thread Information