Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Conversion application questions

Just going through a conversion application form and was wondering if it was worth putting in the suspension and brake changes.

That is all, thanks in advance.
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    2000 Corsa B 1.4i
    GSi Body Kit | GSi Throttle body | GSi Sway bar | ProSport Coilovers | Morette Headlights | 2" Cannon exhaust w/ burn tip | Genuine OMP strut brace | Sports spoiler | Calibra calipers and Machined/Slotted RDA discs | 15" 'Cav Slab' Alloys
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    yes
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by guy 27 Click here to enlarge
    yes
    GSi shocks are physically identical to stock ones, wanted to see if it mattered.
    Just wasn't sure about the brakes or the bright yellow springs.
    2000 Corsa B 1.4i
    GSi Body Kit | GSi Throttle body | GSi Sway bar | ProSport Coilovers | Morette Headlights | 2" Cannon exhaust w/ burn tip | Genuine OMP strut brace | Sports spoiler | Calibra calipers and Machined/Slotted RDA discs | 15" 'Cav Slab' Alloys
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Why you putting an application in? Request a S.O.R and they will tell you what you need to change to pass a roadworthy
    OPEL ADDICT 1994 CORSA B 1.5D (ENGLAND) 2001 CORSA C 1.2L (ENGLAND) 2004 CORSA C 1.4L (SOLD) 2004 3.2 V6 VECTRA GTS (SOLD)
    1994 CORSA B GSI C16 CONVERTED TO Z18XE (SOLD) 2001 ASTRA VAN Z16SE (CURRENT)

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by adam_92 Click here to enlarge
    Why you putting an application in? Request a S.O.R and they will tell you what you need to change to pass a roadworthy
    What's an SOR mate?
    2000 Corsa B 1.4i
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Statement of requirements. They tell you what needs to be done to pass. Chris covered it quite a few times in his build thread
    OPEL ADDICT 1994 CORSA B 1.5D (ENGLAND) 2001 CORSA C 1.2L (ENGLAND) 2004 CORSA C 1.4L (SOLD) 2004 3.2 V6 VECTRA GTS (SOLD)

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by adam_92 Click here to enlarge
    Statement of requirements. They tell you what needs to be done to pass. Chris covered it quite a few times in his build thread
    I'll head over to the thread and have a look.
    2000 Corsa B 1.4i
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by NoX-Troniq Click here to enlarge
    I'll head over to the thread and have a look.
    Went up to the Services SA to ask about the conversion and they told me everything I needed to know.

Will be applying by tomorrow if I can get the rest of the information needed: Calibra brake disk dimensions (4x100)
    2000 Corsa B 1.4i
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have all the information I need now and just wanted to know if there was anything else worth mentioning in the "Added information" section. For example the stock air intake from the calibra doesn't fit in the B so it will have a pod filter on it and I plan on putting a short shifter in, just anything that helps the process run a little smoother.
    @chris_r @adam_92 any suggestions before I drop the forms off tomorrow morning?
    2000 Corsa B 1.4i
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The car must look like 100% factory parts. No pod filters etc or any kind of modification. You arent even allowed an ecu tune

Click here to enlarge

Thread Information