I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recommended dealers for Opel servicing - 2013 Zafira

Hi all,

As the title suggests, I am hoping to see if anyone can recommend a dealer for servicing of my 2013 Zafira. I'm located in Sydney, near Mascot.

I bought one of the new Zafiras that were imported but never made it to official launch, back in 2013 when Opel pulled the plug in Australia. I bought it in January 2014, so it's slightly overdue for a 1-year service.

Given that it's still pretty new and hence under warranty, I'd prefer to take it to a Holden dealer. I must say I have never had a positive experience at Holden dealerships (have previously owned an AH Astra SRI Turbo many years ago), but I'm hoping someone might be able to recommend somewhere?

In particular, it would be great if anyone knows of any dealer that might have had experience with one of the new Opels (vs the Opels that used to be imported ~10 years ago), since the Opel shutdown in 2013.

Cheers,
    Anthony
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tones Click here to enlarge
    Hi all,

As the title suggests, I am hoping to see if anyone can recommend a dealer for servicing of my 2013 Zafira. I'm located in Sydney, near Mascot.

I bought one of the new Zafiras that were imported but never made it to official launch, back in 2013 when Opel pulled the plug in Australia. I bought it in January 2014, so it's slightly overdue for a 1-year service.

Given that it's still pretty new and hence under warranty, I'd prefer to take it to a Holden dealer. I must say I have never had a positive experience at Holden dealerships (have previously owned an AH Astra SRI Turbo many years ago), but I'm hoping someone might be able to recommend somewhere?

In particular, it would be great if anyone knows of any dealer that might have had experience with one of the new Opels (vs the Opels that used to be imported ~10 years ago), since the Opel shutdown in 2013.

Cheers,
    Anthony
    Did you purchase it from a holden dealer? did they offer any service plan or capped pricing? I had my 1 year service done in Sutton holden in Homebush, I did have my capped service voucher which they honoured. It was pretty straightforward and satisfactory.
    2013 Astra Sports Tourer. 1.6T. Auto. Phantom Grey. GlossBlack Vinyl Roof, Dark Streetlegal tints, OEM 19 wheels, LED: DRLs; H7 low beams; foglights; plate lights; interior lights, Shark fin FM aerial, Smoked side repeaters + chrome bulbs, OEM glovebox shelf, OEM sunglass holder, OEM Astra Mats, EDS phase 1 tune, Pipercross Panel Filter, Aluminium sport pedals, DBA T2 brake rotors, turbosmart BOV
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...-Sports-Tourer

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Me too. Got the capped price vouchers which Holden (has to) honour. I was pleasantly surprised by the dealer here. Did ask them in advance though to check for any outstanding warranty issues or ecu updates which they did. They even washed my car when I got it back.
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I purchased the Zafira from a Holden dealer (in Melbourne).

They did assure me that it was part of the capped price servicing program, but I never got any voucher. Also, I'm not entirely sure what the "capped price" is for the Zafira. Every price list I've seen for Opel capped price servicing has not included the Zafira, which I attributed to the fact that the Zafira was never officially launched into the Australian market.

Of course, the selling dealer could have been bullshitting me.

Guess I'll just have to try my luck at a Holden dealer. The closest to me is Suttons at Rosebery (which I hate after a string of bad experiences).

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    the vouchers were sent to me by Opel Australia just after I purchased the car. Every Opel sold falls under the capped price servicing so if they tell you something else when you pick up the car, tell em to get F...reaky. I'd say that you car would be the same as the Astra capped price servicing.
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Thread Information