OpelAus Forum Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile [DETAIL] Alfa 2000 GT Concours Detail

You're either an Alfa fan or not, there is no other way to say it.

But any car fan can't deny that this has a certain 70's sports car appeal! Whether its from watching those classic bond films, rallye or overall classic car fan in general. I myself, not a big fan i prefer my German Euro's, however i have to say when i jumped into this to take it out of the car carrier it really put a smile on my face and was definitely having some cool factor involved even without the 70's mustache (arrived from Tasmania on a closed carrier truck, in style! With Porsche 911 Sport Classic tucked up front!)

So for those who aren't quite sure what type of Alfa this is, it is a 1972 Alfa Romeo 2000 GT Veloce Coupe with standard 130hp 2.0DOHC fuel injected engine. Doesn't sound like much these days but for that era and even to recent this car only weighing in at 950kg it definitely offers very good power to weight ratio for a bit serious fun through those 'Australian Alps'!

The owner himself is very fastidious and wanted us at Car Care Products to do what needed to be done to bring it at a level that he was happy with.

Whilst the car was in "concours" condition, it definitely was not in CCP's "Concours" condition. There was a lot of marring, hazing and other imperfections throughout the paintwork.

The interior however was very clean and only needed a quick wipe over and dust removal. The smell of the seats and interior with a slight smell of fuel like a classic old car was something that you won't forget! A true classic.

So the car went to Lukasz our manic, fastidious slightly obsessed OCD detailer who worked his magic.

The products we used were a combination of the Menzerna Polishes in combination with RUPES Pads. The polishers we used were the RUPES LHR15, RUPES LHR75 for smaller tighter areas and also the DAS6 Pro at times for the smaller orbit.

The car was finished with Dodo Juice Orange Crush Wax and second layer of Dodo Juice Supernatural Wax. Tyres dressed with Dodo Juice Supernatural Tyre Dressing and metal lightly polished up with 1Z Einszett Chrome Polish.

Any questions or comments are always welcome Click here to enlarge

Cheers

Pierre.

Hazing and light marring can be clearly seen over the entire vehicle, for 23 year old restored paint you couldn't complain!

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

During the correction stage comparing after single pass
    Click here to enlarge

The RUPES LHR 75mm came in handy through all the harder to reach areas

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Moving right to the car completed;

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Forum Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What a classic, the car is mint. Props to the owner.

And of course CCP for once again brilliant work.

Sent from Sega Mega System
    Last edited by poita; 13th February 2015 at 10:56 AM.
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Forum Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by poita Click here to enlarge
    What a classic, the car is mint. Props to the owner.

And of course CCP for once again brilliant work.

Sent from Sega Mega System
    One thing i didn't mention, it was 36 outside and when i had to get it out of the truck you can imagine how warm it was haha. The "air conditioning" didn't do much! The only water from the condenser was my head outside of the car trying to breath for cooler air lol.

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    WOW, looks great
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Thread Information