Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Hi all from Gippsland, Victoria

Hi everyone, I'm new to OA.
    I brought an early 1999 (January) holden astra ts model, about a year and a half ago, I took it to my mechanic (who I've found out is pretty hopeless). Idles were running low, he fixed that, said that the throttle body (?) was putrid. Been a great first little car for me. Until a week ago. I was on my way to gym, and it started surging, i freaked out of course haha.
    Took it to my partner, had a quick look at work.
    Then all weekend, we had a look, notice cam angle sensor wires had basically cooked over time and the plastic insulating the wires were falling off. I ordered one, took it to holden just to make sure nothing else was wrong, and it was just that. Then they tell me as the bloke was reversing out, boys noticed reverse lights not working. Was the reverse switch. Replaced that, all working now. Now I gotta wait for the sensor to come, and she'll be fixed again Click here to enlarge
    This weekend my partner and i have just replaced all brakes and rotors, hopefully no more horrible brake dust everywhere.
    Also will be ordering another serpentine belt. As mine has cracks all through it. Guessing that would be a fun job? (sarcasm) Click here to enlarge

Has anyone else experienced these problems?
    Thanks Click here to enlarge
    DesireaMay
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome! If the serpentine belt is that bad you probably want to do the timing belt and water pump ASAP too. Apart from that it will be a great little car.
    Steffi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome along, once you have her running right she will be a cracker

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Welcome to oa
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that, will have a look at it. My partner is the mechanic/car nut, so will be sure to ask him about it, he said it's not bad, but I'm very picky and if something looks bad, it's fixed or replaced, unfortunately there's a lot to do to the poor girl, just making my list now, air con definitely on the list, as it never came with air con working, so probably just needs regassing Click here to enlarge

I love my little astra, good car, looks good.

Oh also, are 185/65/14 rare? As in are a lot of people interested in them? I'm looking at getting new wheels, but 14" are pretty hard to find in 4 stud. Ones that aren't expensive anyway

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum.
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DesireaMay Click here to enlarge
    air con definitely on the list, as it never came with air con working, so probably just needs regassing Click here to enlarge
    With your aircon, if it hasn't been working for quite some time, if it IS only the gas, then it will likely need new seals, as the seals perish, which allows the gas to leak.

Also keep in mind that the TS Astra's are notorious for having the aircon die, and requiring a new compressor or clutch coil (mine died December last year, needed a new clutch coil).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh thanks for that, will have to look into that

Thread Information