Hi everyone, I'm new to OA.
I brought an early 1999 (January) holden astra ts model, about a year and a half ago, I took it to my mechanic (who I've found out is pretty hopeless). Idles were running low, he fixed that, said that the throttle body (?) was putrid. Been a great first little car for me. Until a week ago. I was on my way to gym, and it started surging, i freaked out of course haha.
Took it to my partner, had a quick look at work.
Then all weekend, we had a look, notice cam angle sensor wires had basically cooked over time and the plastic insulating the wires were falling off. I ordered one, took it to holden just to make sure nothing else was wrong, and it was just that. Then they tell me as the bloke was reversing out, boys noticed reverse lights not working. Was the reverse switch. Replaced that, all working now. Now I gotta wait for the sensor to come, and she'll be fixed again Click here to enlarge
This weekend my partner and i have just replaced all brakes and rotors, hopefully no more horrible brake dust everywhere.
Also will be ordering another serpentine belt. As mine has cracks all through it. Guessing that would be a fun job? (sarcasm) Click here to enlarge

Has anyone else experienced these problems?
Thanks Click here to enlarge
DesireaMay
Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!