Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I can also see why your SB was so slow. Judging by that front bumper, you had wonderful 1.4 single point injected lump also known as the C14NZ. Haha, 40kW of raw power! The facelifted 97-98 model had a 60kW C14SE with multipoint injection and was a bit better. In my old SB GSi I went from the 80kW C16XE to the 92kW Z18XE. You'd be forgiven for thinking 12kW isn't that much of difference, but the range of torque from the Z18XE made it quite the machine. Given the way the 1.8 is built, it's not to be underestimated. Particularly, when there's one guy running one with around 700hp. Hell, that's more than a lot of Z20LETs even make.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Tools day can be organized for sure! Been meaning to do one actually. I need to find my boost leak.

I work between Welland, Findon and st Clair bakers delights, so if you ever see a blue VXR driving around give me a wave

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Raisin. Yeah i really do love detailing.

700hp.. serious. I didnt realise there was a great deal of mods available for the z18. Funny thing about my sb combo was that i sold my ve clubby to set myself up in business detailing after my divorce. 317kw to 40kw overnight. Could have slashed my wrists the first few days hehe
    Last edited by [email protected]; 23rd January 2015 at 05:02 PM.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by [email protected] Click here to enlarge
    700hp.. serious. I didnt realise there was a great deal of mods available for the z18. Funny thing about my sb combo was that i sold my ve clubby to set myself up in business detailing after my divorce. 317kw to 40kw overnight. Could have slashed my wrists the first few days hehe
    Well, yes. The guy who owns the car is very elusive and the mods he's done, he's kept very secret. However, it's only in the last few years that the poms have really been into turbocharging the Z18. In these cases, most of them will yield up to 160-190kw at the flywheel on the stock bottom end. Mods aren't readily available as most people like myself would like, hence why I'm doing an engine swap. Even tuning the Z18XE ECU is proving a difficult exercise, as to get a stage 1 or 2 tune put on it, you've got it send the ECU across the other side of the globe and back.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all,

I realise this is an old thread, however I thought I'd throw my 2c in anyway, in case someone needs the info in future.

I have a 2010 Combo which I converted from Z14XEP (a real turd of an engine) to Z18XE. (I'm also an experienced Holden Tech). Much of the conversion process has been successfully outlined by others on here, however I thought I would add my knowledge about the ABS wiring situation.

My Combo, being a 2010 model has ABS fitted as standard, which I discovered was slightly different to the ABS on an SRi Barina (Barina = ABS with traction, whereas Combo = regular/ basic ABS). However when I looked at a Tigra, I found they have exactly the same type of ABS as a Combo. So if you can get your hands on a Tigra engine bay harness it requires absolutely no modification whatsoever to go in a Combo (at least a 2010 or later model with factory ABS).

The only thing with my conversion which needed a bit of cut & shut was the exhaust (because there's no such thing as a Z18XE in a Combo body, as we all know).

Cheers,

Thread Information