Hi All,

No sure if its just me but ive read hours and hours of material on this site regarding combo engine conversions and I either cant find any definitive answers on the subject... or is it me and at the young age of 45 ive aquired dementia and not seeing some thing obvious?

This is my situation. Im a self employed car detailer. starting life over again at 45 after giving my lifes possessions to an ex wife. Business is good but money is tight and to compound my problems im told the existing Z16SE is in need of a rebuild. I managed to buy a 2001 SRI Barina for not very much at all. The ECU was dead. I took a punt, bought the car, got it to my holden dealership and today after handing over $980. I got a fully working, SRI that got a clean bill of health. Wow I had no idea they were that punchy.. I guess what isnt when you drive a SOHC piece of crap Z16se.

Now my question. Ive got the donor car and presumably everything I need. Is this a straight forward conversion? ei rape the SRI for everything its got and transplant it into the combo without any major organ rejection issues thats going to blow out costs etc.

Any real factual info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers in advance all.

Denis
Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!