I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sri t traction control !!

g'day lads
    any ideas as to why my traction control turns off on its own and wont turn on and once the car is turned off then on again its back on until I drive another 10 minutes or so? also the switch doesn't seem to work :/

cheers, also is it a easy fix ?
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Incorrect tyre sizes, faulty hub faulty abs unit.... A few possibilities
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I had the same issue when I put the spare on the front, different tyre sizes/rolling diameter made it freak out.
    OPEL ADDICT 1994 CORSA B 1.5D (ENGLAND) 2001 CORSA C 1.2L (ENGLAND) 2004 CORSA C 1.4L (SOLD) 2004 3.2 V6 VECTRA GTS (SOLD)
    1994 CORSA B GSI C16 CONVERTED TO Z18XE (SOLD) 2001 ASTRA VAN Z16SE (CURRENT)

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have the issue as well, did a bit of searching and often a wheel alignment will fix it apparently particularly if your steering wheel seems off-centre and needs realigning

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    theres a option accessed via Opcom to tell the ECU your tyre size.
    Don't know if you've changed the wheels from a different size to the standard

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All same size tyres n I'm running the size stated on the tyre plaque, think it could be the hubs

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gravy258 Click here to enlarge
    theres a option accessed via Opcom to tell the ECU your tyre size.
    Don't know if you've changed the wheels from a different size to the standard
    Easy to do ? Worth a try
    Last edited by Chubba111; 10th January 2015 at 05:06 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by adam_92 Click here to enlarge
    I had the same issue when I put the spare on the front, different tyre sizes/rolling diameter made it freak out.
    That is definitely one problem...

I fitted a Traction control switch to my TS turbo vert since the verts don't have it from factory for some reason and it didn't work due to my larger wheels, so have since dis-connected it

Suppose if you can get over that part of it with ecu reprogramming as suggested above you should be right Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    what brando said. also note that not every software version of opcom will allow you to change those settings.
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Chubba111 - does your car have this problem ever since you've bought it? Or after you have made some changes? Or did it start happening out of the blue?

Not sure if this helps, but when I last changed my tyres on my 03 SRi T, I switched to 205/45R17 - 12.5mm larger OD than 215/40R17 - for a more compliant ride. I did not touch anything else e.g. reprogram the ECU etc. and in my case the traction control definitely was not affected (at least it did not switch off by itself!). But it does have Eibach springs and Koni yellows etc. - not sure if that changes anything!

In terms of wheel alignment: I had a (not my usual) mechanic replacing one of the rusted out and snapped gear linkage pins that involved taking off one of my front wheels and other (suspension?) components. After the fix I noticed the front wheels/tyres were not working together around corners when driven with some intent. Took it straight to a tyre shop and discovered the wheel alignment for that particular wheel was way out - fixed. But during that time - again at least in my case - the traction control also was not affected (at least it did not switch off by itself!).

I was told by one of my ex-mechanics (I stopped using him after he tried to rip me off the repair for the Corsa - quoting a complete ECU replacement when a replacement EGR valve was all that was needed - but that's a story for another time!) that if the disc pads and/or rotors are not replaced promptly it could rub and eventually damage the ABS/traction control sensor(s). Not sure if there is any credence to this - I am sure the pros here can clarify . But if that is true, then maybe it is worth checking the condition of your sensors and their wiring if your car has been doing that ever since you have bought it and/or it is running low on brakes...?
    2001 Star Silver Corsa C
    2003 Star Silver Astra G OPC - gone to a good home
    2004 White Grandis Luxury
    2005 Platinum 380 LX dual fuel

Thread Information