Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know of two places in Sydney that custom tune. Both start at $1200 and as much as $1500. Thats a one off tune aswell. As its been said get an eds ipf.
    03 Astra SRi Turbo.
    SRI-03T...

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ConZo Click here to enlarge
    I find this interesting, thanks to the op for posting as I was going to ask the same thing.

Can I ask though, I know Regal make a map based on your mods, but how do you know that it is 100% correct? I mean there are different types of 3" turbo back exhausts, different size/efficiency intercoolers and of course not all motors are the same to begin with? I would presume and I say presume because I am not an expert in this, that having you car on a dyno with a tuner in person would yield safer and sometimes higher results? Or are regal really that good that they can nail it?

I hope regal are that good but I would prefer to go that way myself.
    EDS have probably devised their maps based on tuning hundreds, if not thousands of Z20LEx powered cars, so I would think it'd be safe to assume they've got a tune that would suit whatever mods you have, as they've probably seen every combination there is. I would say a custom tune would only be worth looking at when you go past stage 3.5, as that's when you'd yield the most from any form of custom tune (and start venturing into the more exclusive and unknown territories). Other than that, the EDS IPF is more than sufficient for what you need now.

Yes, there are many different types and variants of intercoolers, exhausts, etc on the market, the power differences for example between say a TX intercooler and an Airtec branded intercooler are probably not enough to warrant a custom tune (Although the Airtec cooler looks better in comparison and would be of far better build quality).
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got my first tune on my turbo vert done by PowerChip in Melbourne...

That was a long time ago now in 2004.

I know a few people had issues with the PowerChip tune but for me it worked extremely well and provided a massive jump in power and torque...

I have since tried 3 other software tunes which I can load and swap at any time along with the PowerChip tune and only one of those can provide more power or torque than the PowerChip tune, so if your located in Melbourne maybe look into it - I've got no idea on pricing etc. because as said it was over 10 years ago now...
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    EDS IPF is a great tuning device it's the way to go. As stated their IPF system has tuned many many cars world wide.
    So long as you match right mods with the tune get actuator set up for boost to suit tune it will be ok the ecu will help adapt also.

Then always check up on dyno or put in AFR gauge to check fuelling.
    Doing OPCOM logs checking for knock, short/long fuel trims, 02 sensors, ignition ect ect
    Last edited by mickos; 14th January 2015 at 12:37 PM.
    Arden Blue VXR- EDS 335PS 480NM
    Now
    VW Golf R MK6 Stage 2+

Thread Information