Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

astra SRI T remap/tune in Melbourne ??

G'day lads I own a 03 Sri t and was wondering where the best/reliable place was to get my ecu tuned/remapped IN MELBOURNE !!

Thanks for the help lads (nothing to big maybe just stage 1 or 2) 👍
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Eds tune from regal in the UK. Anywhere in melbourne will probably be a custom map as no one would have a tune for an astra. Cheaper and easier going the eds
    OPEL ADDICT 1994 CORSA B 1.5D (ENGLAND) 2001 CORSA C 1.2L (ENGLAND) 2004 CORSA C 1.4L (SOLD) 2004 3.2 V6 VECTRA GTS (SOLD)
    1994 CORSA B GSI C16 CONVERTED TO Z18XE (SOLD) 2001 ASTRA VAN Z16SE (CURRENT)

Click here to enlarge

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have a link mate ? Rough cost ? How does he do it from the uk ? Like a chip install or do I have to load a programme to the ecu ?

All good found it mate, he needs the ecu sent to him and that could take weeks to send to uk then send back and costly, found a mob in Australia (auto tech engineering) but don't know if I should trust it
    Last edited by Chubba111; 6th January 2015 at 11:20 PM.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Adam is referring to the EDS IPF unit. It's a similar thing to the CAPA Ford flash tuner boxes used on most modern Falcons, except that you're able to download maps and flash them to the ECU yourself (CAPA tuners were mostly pre-programmed). More here: http://eds-motorsport.de/Tuning/Opel...ng-System.html

The EDS IPF system would be the most cost effective and the most common way of tuning/programming your ECU in Australia at least.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely get the EDS IPF, they are about $1k shipped, but you can change your tune whenever you want in about 10-15 mins.

by default it has the stage 1 and stage 2 unlocked, but if you need a higher level tune later on just email regal and they will unlock it to a higher level.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sammich Click here to enlarge
    Definitely get the EDS IPF, they are about $1k shipped, but you can change your tune whenever you want in about 10-15 mins.

by default it has the stage 1 and stage 2 unlocked, but if you need a higher level tune later on just email regal and they will unlock it to a higher level.
    I find this interesting, thanks to the op for posting as I was going to ask the same thing.

Can I ask though, I know Regal make a map based on your mods, but how do you know that it is 100% correct? I mean there are different types of 3" turbo back exhausts, different size/efficiency intercoolers and of course not all motors are the same to begin with? I would presume and I say presume because I am not an expert in this, that having you car on a dyno with a tuner in person would yield safer and sometimes higher results? Or are regal really that good that they can nail it?

I hope regal are that good but I would prefer to go that way myself.
    2004 Arden Blue TS Astri SRi Turbo

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Regal are terrible at custom maps. Eds - the mob who make the IPF are good. You're also best fitting an AFR gauge to monitor air/fuel ratio.

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeh, I wouldn't get a tune from regal, but the ipf unit is good. Regal is just the distributer. Have a look in the turbo models section of the astra forums it should have a listing of all the maps available.

Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Regal as a company are jnown for getting high power tunes but they do it by overfuelling which causes the engine to go bang very quickly. The eds ipf is made by a separate company and just sold through regal as a distributor. There tunes are known to be very good but obviously not as good as a custom map. You have to weigh up cost vs gains. Eds is approx 1k and you can go to stage 3, possibly 4 if you have the right mods. A custom map will cost you probably double the price for not a lot more. Then you have more cost with every stage of the tune.
    OPEL ADDICT 1994 CORSA B 1.5D (ENGLAND) 2001 CORSA C 1.2L (ENGLAND) 2004 CORSA C 1.4L (SOLD) 2004 3.2 V6 VECTRA GTS (SOLD)
    1994 CORSA B GSI C16 CONVERTED TO Z18XE (SOLD) 2001 ASTRA VAN Z16SE (CURRENT)

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I had custom tunes on my car and I can tell you that it's very expensive. As the others have said, get yourself an eds ipf.
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Thread Information