Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the Sports Tourer. Couldn't have afforded the Select even if one was available unfortunately.

And the good news is that Holden replaced the turbo waste gate valve and the DRONE IS GONE!! it was getting really bad so I am very happy with the outcome. I expect it may come back but at least now I know what the problem is and how to fix it. Holden told me the part costs about $95.

The drone noise occurred after warm-up and it tended to drone when backing off the accelerator or when just feathering the accelerator. It sounds like a cow mooing and the vibration can be felt through the pedal. The true test is to (1) drive the car a while to warm it up (2) stop the car and pop the bonnet while leaving the engine running (3) switch the engine off (4) gently drop the bonnet to the first catch point and this will almost always cause the faulty valve to release and produce the drone noise.

All the best,
    The Pope

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great to hear!

Give me a PM, I am in Brisbane also and I have something from a Select Sports Tourer that will suit your car and you will find it valuable!
    2013 Opel Insignia Select Sports Tourer 2.0L Turbo (Summit White)

Thread Information