Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Phone upgrade suggestions.

So, im eligible for an upgrade mid-end of this month. Iv currently got a samsung galaxy s4 and want to stick with android.

Iv been looking at the galaxy s6 (not released yet and no actual release date) the aluminium body is very tempting along with water resistant. The other phone iv been looking at is the samsung note 4 (released about 6-8 weeks ago)

What would you guys recommend? If it was you upgrading, what would you be looking at? Doesn't have to be the two mentioned above, they are just two that I like.

Cheers
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    OPEL ADDICT 1994 CORSA B 1.5D (ENGLAND) 2001 CORSA C 1.2L (ENGLAND) 2004 CORSA C 1.4L (SOLD) 2004 3.2 V6 VECTRA GTS (SOLD)
    1994 CORSA B GSI C16 CONVERTED TO Z18XE (SOLD) 2001 ASTRA VAN Z16SE (CURRENT)

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the s5 and enjoy what it offers.
    The s6 look like its going to be pretty sweet, i have heard may release but not confirmed.

And a friend of mine has the htc thingy whatever and its pretty impressive.
    "treading on the throttle pedal gives you some idea of what it might be like to blow yourself up"
    hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia: fear of long words...
    2003 Astra G Sri-T (very blaack)

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also have the s5 pretty good phone cameras good quality. An is pretty fast loading stuff up apps etc

Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    S5 is about 12 months old now. Although its a good phone I want something a bit more recent
    OPEL ADDICT 1994 CORSA B 1.5D (ENGLAND) 2001 CORSA C 1.2L (ENGLAND) 2004 CORSA C 1.4L (SOLD) 2004 3.2 V6 VECTRA GTS (SOLD)

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had the HTC One M8 for a few months now and it's been an impressive phone. Never had any dramas and battery life is equal to that of my old S3 (which also never gave me problems)

2001 Opel Vectra B - Pioneer 12' sub, Head unit and Amplifier, 2.25 inch Cat-back system, hurricane extractors, Ram-air CAI, XHP JET Chrome 17" Wheels, Opelised, Front lip spoiler, Halo Projectors, KYB Shocks, King Springs

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Xperia Z3. It's a decently solid phone with a good camera and pretty awesome battery life. Oh, and they're cheap too. Screen kicks arse too.

One thing I noticed at the Optus store was the Samsung phones, whilst still good are just not worth the asking price and I felt buying an S5 or Note 4 would be like getting another S4.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Z3 compact gets my vote. $600 outright from telstra.
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Im on a plan so wont be buying outright

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    i also got the xperia, its a great phone, does all i want it to do (specially making phnecalls..................) the battery life is very decent too which was my main reason for getting that phone.
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another vote for the Xperia. I have the original Z, mate has a Z2 and a couple I know have a Z3 and Z3 compact respectively.

All get rave reviews, ace screens, no shitty samsung bloatware (my missus has a note 3 and whatever Samsung put over the stock rom is atrocious), good battery life (although mine's starting to lose it a bit) and look really swish.

Cheers

M

Thread Information