Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Differences between astra G 1.8 ecu and Barina SRI 1.8 ecu tune

Greetings all, quite simple

just wondering if there was a difference between the ecu tune on the standard astra 1.8 and the Barina SRI 1.8.

iirc the astra is 90kw and the barina is 92kw on 98,

if so does anyone know what the difference is? (ignition timing or fuel delivery or both?)

Hoping there is a big enough difference to use the data and compare 2 maps to aid my ecu project (outlined in a different thread)

dont want to go to the effort of tracking down an astra g to pull the map off though if its a waste of time.

Many thanks in advance Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    Holden Barina XC SRI
    16.23 Second 1/4 Mile, No boost..... Yet
    "-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book." ~Moog

Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Could also be down to EGR valve vs no EGR valve
    OPEL ADDICT 1994 CORSA B 1.5D (ENGLAND) 2001 CORSA C 1.2L (ENGLAND) 2004 CORSA C 1.4L (SOLD) 2004 3.2 V6 VECTRA GTS (SOLD)
    1994 CORSA B GSI C16 CONVERTED TO Z18XE (SOLD) 2001 ASTRA VAN Z16SE (CURRENT)

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From my experiences with the egr valve on my car i can tell you it certainly doesnt add power :P
    Holden Barina XC SRI
    "-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book." ~Moog

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I know some of the differences come down to how the fans are driven. Astra Gs I believe typically drive the fans via an additional cooling module, on the Corsa it's controlled by the ECU.

When you do a Z20LET into a Corsa C, you have to either have the Z20LET ECU reprogrammed to run the fans or fit a thermatic switch into to hot side of the coolant circuit, due to the lack of a cooling module on the Corsa C.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought you'd given up on cracking the ECU as we hadn't heard anythign for so long! Glad to hear it's still going!

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Havent given up, just struggling to crack it Click here to enlarge i have a map file from an astra 1.8 but auto which i dont think makes a difference but we will see.
    Holden Barina XC SRI

Thread Information