Alright just wondering if anyone can give advice on pros and cons for each setup. I googled it but the internet is awash with personal opinion rather than science.

Im asking because i was looking for options for my future turbo plans. Originally i was going to run a side mount in the drivers side fender as theres lots of unused space, it saves all the ass farting around cutting the bumper to make a front mount fit and should be fine for a mild 7psi setup.

The turbo i have (IHI RHB5) is setup so that the outlet faces upwards which would suit a top mount, shortening the piping needed making it far easier to work with and reduce lag i guess. Also suits the direction of the inlet manifold opening being on top too. The bonnet could be cut open leaving the support frame in tact and a small non wanky bonnet scoop could be installed to dorect airflow to the top mount.

I had a look around the front bumper when i was doing my major service and it seems there is basically no room at all for a front mount without cutting alot of it away.

Thoughts?? Any experiance from some subaru owners maybe?
Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!