I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2012 Opel Insignia and a towbar

Hi All

I joined today hoping to find some other owners of cars from the recent Opel liquidation. I joined mainly because I have had trouble getting a towbar for my Insignia Sports Tourer. My local Holden dealer has fitted a towbar with a braked weight rating at 1200 kg, whereas the car should be able to take 1800 kg. Apparently the European towbars at the higher rating are not legal in Australia, has anyone else had a similar issue?

Jeff
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by wejeff Click here to enlarge
    Hi All

I joined today hoping to find some other owners of cars from the recent Opel liquidation. I joined mainly because I have had trouble getting a towbar for my Insignia Sports Tourer. My local Holden dealer has fitted a towbar with a braked weight rating at 1200 kg, whereas the car should be able to take 1800 kg. Apparently the European towbars at the higher rating are not legal in Australia, has anyone else had a similar issue?

Jeff
    Mine has a genuine towbar kit. The sticker on the door refers to 1200kg Braked and 750kg unbraked. The Towbar Part No. 92272586 and Tongue Part No. 92245020.

Do you have a Insignia Select Sports Tourer?
    2013 Opel Insignia Select Sports Tourer 2.0L Turbo (Summit White)

Thread Information