Thread: Clay bar mitt

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Clay bar mitt

Just wanted to check the people at CCP's thoughts on the clay bar mitt. Had a friend buy one and reckon it works a treat. Any drawbacks? More likely to marr the paint? Need to be light on the pressure and rinse thoroughly?
    2007 Liberty STi
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Forum Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sooty Click here to enlarge
    Just wanted to check the people at CCP's thoughts on the clay bar mitt. Had a friend buy one and reckon it works a treat. Any drawbacks? More likely to marr the paint? Need to be light on the pressure and rinse thoroughly?
    They are great and last forever... EXCEPT! Yes they do mar, so if you're not correcting the paintwork or you have a softer paint, or a darker colour you'll see it right away. However i even noticed on VW/Audi paints that they also mar.

The Fine Grade Clays usually (such as Dodo, 3M, Clay Magic etc) are higher quality, gentler and made in Japan. All of us use normal clay bars, and even on customer cars when we detail we still use normal clay bars.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CarCareProducts Click here to enlarge
    They are great and last forever... EXCEPT! Yes they do mar, so if you're not correcting the paintwork or you have a softer paint, or a darker colour you'll see it right away. However i even noticed on VW/Audi paints that they also mar.

The Fine Grade Clays usually (such as Dodo, 3M, Clay Magic etc) are higher quality, gentler and made in Japan. All of us use normal clay bars, and even on customer cars when we detail we still use normal clay bars.
    Fantastic, I'll stick to general clay barring as I have an obsidian black pearl subaru with softish paint. Worst combo.

Any advice as to which clay/lube combo will give me the best results without marring?
    2007 Liberty STi
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Forum Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sooty Click here to enlarge
    Fantastic, I'll stick to general clay barring as I have an obsidian black pearl subaru with softish paint. Worst combo.

Any advice as to which clay/lube combo will give me the best results without marring?
    Dodo Born Slippy Concentrate is good.. makes 2.5l so its quite cost effective. It is a true lubricant so it wont stain your paint when claying in case the liquid dries (warmer summer days, eg. today!)

Mint Lube another option as well! Click here to enlarge

Thread Information