Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do you like Opel cars?

A bit of a opinion survey, why do you own an Opel? is it because they are easy to repair, or you like a challenge. Maybe they look good, maybe they are cheap to buy, whatever makes you like them. My reason is German quality and design, they look reasonable good and are better quality than many of the new cars in the same category.
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Im English so opels/vauxhalls were everywhere back home. Parents and family always owned vauxhalls and I peraonally feel that you get a lotnof car for the money. When comparing cars on carsales I always found opels had more features and were more optioned for the same price as other brands

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    OPEL ADDICT 1994 CORSA B 1.5D (ENGLAND) 2001 CORSA C 1.2L (ENGLAND) 2004 CORSA C 1.4L (SOLD) 2004 3.2 V6 VECTRA GTS (SOLD)
    1994 CORSA B GSI C16 CONVERTED TO Z18XE (SOLD) 2001 ASTRA VAN Z16SE (CURRENT)

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    cheap and euro.
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I was originally a bit of an old school Datsun/Nissan nut and later got into the Fords. I guess I can blame my ex to a degree for getting into Opels. If it wasn't for the fact she bought a black Corsa B GSi, I probably wouldn't have taken much more than a passing interest in them. It was around this time I got involved with the old holdenbarina.com forums and it went from there. I still had about six cars at the time and not one was an Opel, up until the day after I sold my 5.0 ED Falcon I went out and bought a silver Corsa B GSi as a bit of a project and the rest is history. I don't believe they're all that hard to work on, unless you have a X16XE Corsa B GSi with all its BS pollution gear.

My family's all owned Holden badged Opels/Vauxhalls at some stage. Mum used to have an old HB Torana, which was a rebadged Vauxhall Viva. My sister's had a Corsa B 1.2, which she sold to my dad when she bought a Vectra C and my brother used to have an AH CDX wagon, Vectra B wagon (which I still own at the moment) and a SB Combo that's my next job. In my last job, we had several vans, two of which were also XC Combos. So, I've been surrounded by them for quite some time.

What also helps my addiction, is also the fact that here in SA, we have quite the following and regular meets too. Not so much a huge following like the Plasti-Dip Car Club, aka MCM, but a small enough community that we pretty much communicate regularly, even outside of the events.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

OpelAus Forum Regular Gsi_Bryce's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've owned 2 corsa b gsi's and an mk4 Astra g Sri turbo, I'm a sucker for the corsa b because of its shape I think it is a well designed vehicle my favourite view of it is front on or from the back/side I love the design on the gsi body kit mostly the front bar, spoiler and colour coded mirrors the Astra I love for similar aspects including shape and front bar, as all the added interior specs like leather seats sunroof etc I haven't had major issues with Opel motors I find them strong and easy to mod to find extra power outcomes I also love the fact a lot of parts can be switch between models to make a one of a kind car, I love a c20xe swap to corsa b and even Chris with his corsa c with z20let.

We all share a passion that a lot of people don't understand opels in Australia I believe are very under estimated people just see the barina and Astra as a middle aged ladies car but we see them as the corsa and Astra a easily modified and great engineered vehicle which we love and spend our hard earned pennies on making it the way we love, I have mates that almost laugh at my Opels and say your cars will never bet my Ls1 Chevy badged commy well to my mates I would never trade an Opel for one.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a 4th Generation Opel fan. All the way since my Great grand parents there's been a line of almost exclusive Opel ownership. Just something about them clicks well with us as a family. Back in South Africa though they are a lot more popular so it's not really a strange thing to be into Opels and tune them.

Here I kinda like how they are seen as underdogs. Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty much every other car I have ever owned had problems or just wasn't right.

Long story but after having many different cars that had issues I had my uncle suggest this little g sedan with a HBD bodykit. So I gathered my funds and fell in love with jist how easy it is to own such a little beast, drove it like I stole it and it just wanted more.
    Then went away from them and still they called back to me. And always wanted another turbo car after owning a r32 gtr, however most imports are usually thrashed so another opel was always wanted.

Now even the missus drives it, and the looks she gets and when she boosts it off the line even makes me giggle...
    "treading on the throttle pedal gives you some idea of what it might be like to blow yourself up"
    hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia: fear of long words...
    2003 Astra G Sri-T (very blaack)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    euro.
    im on my 8th car, and 6 of them have been euro
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Euro and in the case of the Calibra, it's different.

At the time everyone had S13, S13, R33, R32, 180SX etc and I wanted something different
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Generally speaking for myself on the plus side they're nice looking, German or Euro Country of origin and/or build and reasonably affordable.

The newer generations are also reasonably reliable as well...
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information