Hi guys,

I know the answer is always, always going to be "buy a turbo from the get go" but hear me out.

I love my car.

I love that it's 4-door, I love that I've got everything set up inside how I want, I've done the electrics and leathers etc.

The ONLY thing I don't like about my car is it's lack of oomph and I really, really want a manual (especially after booting around in my GF's Up!).

So to that end, what kind of work needs to be done for a total z20let swap?

Engine and gearbox obviously (with pedals), ECU and dash from the donor I'm imagine as well. So... in essence a front cut.

In terms of physically fitting it all, are they the same engine mounts and loom points etc? Like if you got a whole donor and had them one next to the other, could you literally 'drag and drop' as it were? Or do you need to cut new holes through the firewall etc. etc.

I know it's financially probably not the clever-est thing to do..... but I just really like my car Click here to enlarge

Failing all that!

Thoughts on turbo-ing my 1.8?

Cheers

M
Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!